Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to have a cronjob which will execute certain scripts every hr Post 302296624 by aemunathan on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 01:06:46 PM
Old 03-11-2009
hi

i have tested connecting to db through script...i was missing the path from where i can run sqlplus command ....

now connection to db is ok...

how to update the table with the two column values i may receive from the command

Code:
awk '{sum[$4]++;}END{for(i in sum) {print i, sum[i]}}' filename

how to fetch those values and add in table along with date info.

Please help me out!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to execute 2 scripts, wait, execute 2 more wait, till end of file

:cool: I need to execute a shell script to do the following: cat a file run two back ground processes using the first two values from the file wait till those background processes finish run two more background processes using the next two values from the file wait till those background... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: halo98
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts through cronjob.

Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a shell script in crontab file. But anyhow it's not getting executed. Following is the command that I've used in crontab. 30 07 * * * . ./.cronprofile;/om/reports/reportscripts/jitu/prod/prd_pre_to_post.sh 35 11 * * * .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a condition in cronjob to execute a sh file

Hi, I need to execute a crontab based on a condition where one SH file should be executed only based on the output of a file in a folder. I have written the following cron job which is not working. 00 01 * * * read a < /px/batch/reslut.txt && && sh /px/batch/check.sh where my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute cronjob running in a different machine?

Hi, I am developing 1 script in which I need to execute one cron job running in different server and my script is in different server. so can any one help me to execute the cronjob set in different server. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Shell Script from CRONJOB

Hi Users, I am Newbie to linux and cron. I have a requirement to run a job at 8 AM every Sunday. I am using RHEL 5. Based on the hints through google search I created crontab and added entry to call the shell script which will in turn login to Oracle user and execute a pl/sql block. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reachravi70
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect telnet script execute by cronjob

hi, please help, keep getting this bolded error and look it up and people say its your environment variable though i tried to set it manually in expect..it run fine if i run it manually but once i run it by cronjob it error below..i tried to comment out ip/login info with *.. logfile:: START... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cssanangeles
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob to be execute today at 9pm

HI Folks, Sorry for this basic confusion but please help me. i want to execute one script at 9pm today. i want make this as schedule so it can execute automatically. So am doing like this. 21 10 24 4 <here what can i keep) /tmp/stemp/testcron.ksh Can you please help on this? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to execute glance from cronjob

Hi I am writing a script to get the CPU and memory utilization periodically from glance command. Wrote a script which consists of below two lines Script name : Utilization.sh #!/bin/sh glance -iterations 1 | sed -n '/Util/p/'| awk '!/Disk/'| awk '!/Swap/' >> file.txt I am able to run the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shravani
5 Replies

9. AIX

Need ./ to execute scripts

Hi, I am really sorry for this question but still i am confused. I have shell script called sample.sh I can execute only with the combination of ./sample.sh Is ./ really necessary ? Is it something related with $HOME or $PATH variable. Why and How can i resolve this case ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execute Ubuntu 14.04 cronjob as non-root

I have created a cronjob that successfully executes and among other thing runs aria2c to download several files and save them to a folder. However, since it executes as sudo, the downloaded folder is saved with those permissions. Is there a way to execute the cronjob so that the downloaded folder... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
Sum(3pm)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation						  Sum(3pm)

NAME
Lire::Sum - Lire class that implements the sum operator SYNOPSIS
use Lire::Sum DESCRIPTION
Class that implements the sum operator. This operator will compute the field's sum in a group of DLF records. It's possible to compute a weighted sum in which each value is first multiplied by the value of another DLF field. Its also possible to express the count as a ratio of the total count for the group or table. METHODS
new( %params ) Creates a new Lire::Count object. In addition to the values supported by its parents, the weight and ratio attributes will be initialized to the values specified in the %params argument. weight( [$new_weight] ) Returns the DLF field's name by which the values will be multiplied before being summed. You can change the weight field by specifying a new name as the $new_weight parameter. Use undef to remove the use of a weighting field. ratio([$new_ratio]) Returns how the sum will be expressed. This can one of three possible values: none Default. The absolute sum will be used. group The sum will be expressed as a percentage of the group's sum. table The sum will be expressed as a percentage of the table's total sum. SEE ALSO
zLire::ReportSpec(3pm), Lire::ReportOperator(3pm), Lire::Aggregator(3pm), Lire::Aggregate(3pm). AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> VERSION
$Id: Sum.pm,v 1.17 2008/03/09 19:27:31 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001, 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2008-03-09 Sum(3pm)