Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sh and MySQL LOAD DATA
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sh and MySQL LOAD DATA Post 302296566 by ShawnMilo on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 10:19:51 AM
Old 03-11-2009
No, you have to rename the file to match the table. That's just the way mysqlimport works.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

2. Programming

Load text file into a MySQL field

Hello, maybe this post is offtopic, sorry for the inconveniencies. I found examples about how to populate different fields from a text file (with MySQL, the LOAD DATA INFILE sentece), but not about how to load a complete plain text file into a concrete database field. Could you please tell me if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aristegui
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Load data from all files in directory

I'm new in Unix shell scripting and i need someone to help me to make Script that run all time watching my directory that files uploaded to it via FTP (/mydir/incoming_files), if any files exists in it then (if many files exists, then sort files and load them ascending) it‘ll checks the size of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_fighter
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to load different type of data in a file to two arrays

Hi, I have tried to find some sort of previous similar thread on this but not quite close to what I want to achieve. Basically I have two class of data in my file..e.g 1,1,1,1,1,2,yes 1,2,3,4,5,5,yes 2,3,4,5,5,5,no 1,2,3,4,4,2,no 1,1,3,4,5,2,no I wanted to read the "yes" entry to an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing mysql load statement from shell script

Hi, I have a piece of shell script which will connect to mysql database and execute a load statement(which will load datas in a file to the database table).The code is working and the data is in the tables. Now my requirement is, i need to grab the output from the load statement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
4 Replies

6. Web Development

script to load data from csv file

hello i want a script to load the data line by line from a csv file into a mysql table (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srpa01red
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data from a flat file to oracle.

I have a flat file with records like Header 123 James Williams Finance2000 124 Pete Pete HR 1500 125 PatrickHeather Engg 3000 Footer The structure is: Eno:4 characters Name:8 characters Surname : 9 characters Dept:7 characters Sal:4characters These are sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load UNIX data into excel sheet

Hi, i have some data in a temporary file in Unix (the data is taken from the result of an SQL query). Now i want to dump that data into an excel sheet. How to do that. Someone please advise. Thanks Regards, Vinit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel sqlldr to load data.

I am using SQLLDR to load data in DB.For parallel loading I'm using nohup command. The requirement is: I have different files within a directories. Ex: 1) Dir/folder_A/AE.txt 2) Dir/folder_A/DM.txt 3) Dir/folder_B/CM.txt I need to loop through directories and load the data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
1 Replies