Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: list in shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting list in shell Post 302296483 by radoulov on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 07:15:30 AM
Old 03-11-2009
Please post the entire script. You can also try executing the code with a different shell. Try with bash:

Code:
bash ./q

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String compare with list in shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. below is my requirement : 1) while running my .sh i will pass a string 2) i have to extract a folder name under a /config folder 3) i need to compare a input string in the folder name list 4) if that is true i have to continue my job else i have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajinavaneethan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Reading List

Hello Everyone, Over the last few months I have begun to expand my programing skills from windows, Java and SQL / PL-SQL programing into the wonderful world of shell scripting. With little training budget my only options for training are books, Internet and this site (BTY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caddis
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the list in korn shell

Hi I wanted to print/store just a specific element of the list . I have got the list as an output of grep command. here is code snap below : end_no=`egrep -ni '!return code: 0|return code other than 0' temp.log | cut -d':' -f1` this will return the line numbers in end_no. I just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell@korn
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to list shell of account?

Hello. I have been trying to figure out something very simple that I know I've done before; which is list the shell of a specific account. In this case it is the account: "news". I know how to change the shell using chsh, just not list it. I want output like "/bin/sh" only. Any thoughts or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinharris43
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

List shell of specific account

Hi everyone. I am wondering how I would accomplish outputting the shell of a specific account on a single line of output. For example I would like to list the shell of 'news' as... /bin/sh providing its current shell is /bin/sh. This probably is a simple answer that I haven't been able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: austinharris43
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of dangerous shell commands

Hello, I have a Application which needs to run shell scripts in a elevated state (root) for system interrogation. So I execute each script using bash -C. This has worked really well. I now want to add another layer of security, I cant inspect each of the scripts before they get deployed to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjones1105
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List of 'if -f' options - AIX / Korn Shell

Hi all, Can someone point me in the right direction for a manual on the various statement options for 'if'. Basically I have a piece of code which says: if ] and I wondered what the -f was. I know the '!' means not equal.. As usual any help much appreciated.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of Shell Env Vars

Hia, echo ${!S*} gives me all those env vars starting with S like SHELL SECONDS SHELLOPTS SHLVL etc. is there any way to deflate the shell variables' range like echo ${!A-E*} OR echo ${!A..S*} to list all env vars starting within range of A till E. Thanks Regards, Nasir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busyboy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Distribution List in shell script

Hello Experts, Am trying to include my DL in the shell script,I can see in the logs that mail was sent w/o any return error.But we did not receive any email from the respective VM.When we are trying to giving Individual email-ids it is working fine. Can someone help me out here ? Do we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed.vaghar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List Files being deleted in a shell script

Good evening, i need your help please I've got a file script thet deletes about half millions of files, and i want those files to be printed in a log file as an evidence those files were removed. #/bin/sh rm "/home/e-smith/files/users/bill/Maildir/cur/1392373930.28512.comp01:2,S" rm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)