Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute command inside while problem Post 302296380 by ruben.rodrigues on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 04:31:45 AM
Old 03-11-2009
Execute command inside while problem

Hi!

How can I execute a linux command inside the while cicle??

like:
Quote:
while [svn checkout svn+ssh://ruben@192.168.1.3/esp-server/svn/$URL &> $LOGFILE] ; do
done
This doesn't work. Should I replace the [] by '' or ""

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with executing command inside a cron job

Hi All, I have scheduled a script in cron which writes output to the below file. ....>> /data/Target/wrapper_invoke_ds_job_`date '+%Y%m%d'`.ksh_out 2>&1 But the date command is not getting resolved in the format specified. It just resolves to the following. wrapper_invoke_MQ_ds_job_Tue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkm_oec
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use expect - send to execute list of commands inside a file

:)hello people i am working on some kind of PBX and i have list of telephone numbers inside a file, i have to insert these numbers into the correct command and then telnet to a remote server and execute these commands. i can read the telephone numbers and insert them into the command with no... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: auma78
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i execute nohup and background job inside the korn script for db2

load_cursor_stmt() { ls /db/admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor*.sql|while read file do echo "${file}" `nohup db2 -tvf "$file" \&` done }Error: ------- /admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor5.sql /db/admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor6.sql + read file + echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a command inside a while loop?

How do we execute a command inside a while loop? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Alias inside script

Hi, in the .profile i have alias jh="cd /var/jdk"What should i write in my unix shell script to use jh and move to /var/jdk directory ? I tried the following in myscript.sh jh $jh $(jh)but none works !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
SVN-AUTORELEASEDEB(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     SVN-AUTORELEASEDEB(1)

NAME
svn-autoreleasedeb - Automatic Release of debian packages from DESCRIPTION
This script generates and uploads the debian package for svn modules managed by svn-buildpackage. svn-autoreleasedeb will maintain a state file of all the packages you want to be automatically published, and every time you commit the debian/changelog file of your package, changing the debian version to a greater value, it will be published. All the parameters to the script are configured in the conffile. There is no command-line switch. See svn-autoreleasedeb.conf(5) for more information. USING
There are two ways of using this script: 1) Run as user svn-autoreleasedeb in cron. This is very useful for software houses that want to have the "nightily build" version of the software published automatically. In this case, the config file will be "/etc/svn-autoreleasedeb.conf" and it will use /var/lib/svn-autoreleasedeb/ as scratch dir. NOTE: edit /etc/default/svn-autoreleasedeb to control this behavior NOTE 2: all output will be thrown in /var/log/svn-autoreleasedeb/run.log 2) Run as yourself, it will automatizate the work you will have if you have your packages in SVN. In this case, the config file will be $HOME/.svn-autoreleasedeb/conf and the scratch dir will be $HOME/.svn-autoreleasedeb. svn-autoreleasedeb will not create defaults, you must have the configuration file created before running svn-autoreleasedeb. See svn-autoreleasedeb.conf(5). TODO
- Use a snapshot of the time of the commit in the changelog to checkout the source - Localize the messages. - Work with other than all lowercase in conffile. - Use a better format for conffile. _EXIT CODES _exit codes: 0 = Clean _exit 1 = Config file not found 2 = No packages in config file 3 = Couldn't open the state file 4 = Couldn't open the state file for writing 5 = Couldn't determine architecture SEE ALSO
svn-buildpackage(1), svn(1), svn-autoreleasedeb.conf(5), dupload(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. perl v5.8.7 2006-08-16 SVN-AUTORELEASEDEB(1)