Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX PGSP value in svmon command on AIX 5.3 Post 302296362 by SBatra on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 03:18:04 AM
Old 03-11-2009
zxmaus,

Thanks again for your instant reply to my problem. As per your note my system is certainly running out of memory and I need to add more memory to it. Could you please help me to know that why does it crashes only this process "pemnl" and not any other. I do not see the paging space growing for any other process. Smilie And all other processes doesnot crash but only this one crashes in gap of 2-3 days.

I have no websphere or mq running on my system.

Rgds,
Sebby

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

command for hp-ux and aix

is there is any command for obtaining System manfuture detail lke Dell, IBM etc from HP-UX and AIX command. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: janki0111
0 Replies

2. AIX

svmon and root

I am configuring a script to be run as nagios user and want to run the command svmon however the privilages of svmon are -r-x------ root system svmon how can i configure this so nagios can run svmon? using acls? any idea's? Thanks Chris. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX command help

I have this command in my script and it's working fine with AIX: ls init?*.ora 2>/dev/null | egrep -i -e "" the same command is failing in Solaris 10. does anyone have better idea how to make it work for both ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

5. AIX

Which command in AIX 5L is replace updatelv in AIX 4.3?

When I import VG, it shows: 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. I found AIX V4.3 have updatelv command can recovery LVB from VG, however, updatelv is not existed on AIX 5L, which command to replace it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX - 'at' command

I am working on AIX 5.2 platform and working with AIX command 'at' . May I am getting a weird problem . I have a script which is scheduled to run everyday.It uses 'at' command to call one java program. Most of the times 'at' command works fine without any issue but sometimes 'at' command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: techi_0408
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need AIX command

1.What is the equivalent of the command "ls -ltr -h" in AIX..Which will list all file name with their size in GB 2. What comand can be used to display the output of df -k in GB in AIX. In in solaris we do df -h. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: e263041
0 Replies

8. AIX

Need AIX command

1.What is the equivalent of the command "ls -ltr -h" in AIX..Which will list all file name with their size in GB 2. What comand can be used to display the output of df -k in GB in AIX. In in solaris we do df -h. Thanks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: e263041
6 Replies

9. AIX

help ma aix command

I don't know to aix command to check number of cpu, speed of cpu memory, size, memory type (ex. memory type chipkill) internal harddisk, size how many to seial I/O ? fibre network interface raid controller, raid type DVD-rom, speed DVD-rom aix version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovenid
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies
serialize(2)							System Calls Manual						      serialize(2)

NAME
serialize() - force target process to run serially with other processes SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call is used to force the target process referenced by the pid value passed in to run serially with other processes also marked for serialization. If the value of pid is zero, then the currently running process is marked for serialization. Once a process has been marked by the process stays marked until process completion, unless is reissued on the serialized process with timeshare set to 1. If timeshare is set to 1, the process specified in pid will be returned to normal timeshare scheduling algorithms. This call is used to improve process throughput since process throughput usually increases for large processes when they are executed seri- ally instead of allowing each program to run for only a short period of time. By running large processes one at a time, the system makes more efficient use of the CPU as well as system memory, since each process does not end up constantly faulting in its working set, to only have the pages stolen when another process starts running. As long as there is enough memory in the system, processes marked by behave no differently from other processes in the system. However, once memory becomes tight, processes marked by are run one at a time with the highest priority processes being run first. Each process runs for a finite interval of time before another serialized process is allowed to run. RETURN VALUE
returns zero upon successful completion, or nonzero if the system call failed. ERRORS
If fails, it sets (see errno(2)) to the following value: The pid passed in does not exist. WARNINGS
The user has no way of forcing an execution order on serialized processes. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
serialize(1), privileges(5). serialize(2)