Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: capture snmp packets in AIX
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring capture snmp packets in AIX Post 302296359 by shockneck on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 03:02:55 AM
Old 03-11-2009
To just capture the snmp packets try
# tcpdump -i en0 -T snmp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending SNMP Traps in AIX / Unix

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows how can I send an SNMP Trap in Unix Environment(AIX) to another machine (NT/Ux) after having activated the SNMP in the AIX. Can this be done by using a single command line or do I have to write a script for it? Thanks in advance for your advices. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to capture multicast packets using snoop

How do I use snoop command to capture multicast packets in the network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caden312
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring CPU usage on AIX 5.3 with SNMP

Hi I would like to monitor CPU usage ( %) , memory utilization and such on an AIX 5.3 with snmp. How would I do that ? :confused: If I do "snmpwalk -c public -v1 hosttomonitor" I get nothing about the CPU. I've done this on Linux ( not much trouble doing it on linux ) but I'm having a hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX V4 SNMP MIBs

Hello! I'm not a expert AIX administrator, but i need to monitorize an AIX V4 system. I want to do it using SNMP but i don't really know how to get CPU, proccess or memory information. I only can get network interfaces information.... How can i add more MIBs to get more info about the AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MikelCV
0 Replies

5. AIX

Capture Network Packets from AIX

Hi, I am using smitty to create and configure a print queue. I am giving a print of a text file to the print queue created. I am using this in network. How to capture network packets of the print from AIX to the printer and printer to AIX. I tried Wireshark to capture network packets. I am... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
16 Replies

6. IP Networking

Capture packets (TcpDump) and forwarding them

Hi, I want to capture a certain type of packets (selected according to the protocol) coming to my PC and then transmit them to another PC. I had the idea to use tcpdump to filter input packets and extract those chosen. Well my questions are: 1- after filtering input packets, those that have not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziedf
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Accept SNMP Packets...

hi guys I've configured snmp on some linux snmpd.conf rocommunity com_read x.x.x.10 rwcommunity com_write x.x.x.10 Now one of my coworkers asked to do the same that he does on windows for my linux.... But I have no idea how to configure that basically when SNMP is configure there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
5 Replies

8. Programming

Why am i getting these strange packets while running my packet capture module written in c.?

I have made an packet capture application running on intel machine, it is capturing packets with src address- 17.0.0.0 destination ip- 66.0.0.0, source port- 0, destination port- 0, and protocol- 0 what does these packets mean ? The code written to interpreter captured bytes is given below.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunpushkar
5 Replies

9. AIX

SNMP v2 on AIX 6.1

Hello Admins, We need to configure and setup snmp v2 on AIX 6.1 clients. I don't find snmp v2 related files on AIX servers . I see there is snmpdv3.conf and v3 installed. Where can I get snmpdv2 for AIX? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
5 Replies

10. AIX

Disabling SNMP in AIX 7.1

Hi, I am planning to disable SNMP in our AIX LPARs. wanted to see by disabling in a test LPAR. before that, I would like to check disabling this SNMP will impact any of our application or database in anyway. what kind of other software depends on these SNMP daemons ? Can you please let me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
9 Replies
snmp.conf(5)							    Apple Inc.							      snmp.conf(5)

NAME
snmp.conf - snmp configuration file for cups DESCRIPTION
The snmp.conf file configures how the standard CUPS network backends (http, https, ipp, ipps, lpd, snmp, and socket) access printer infor- mation using SNMPv1 and is normally located in the /etc/cups directory. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. The Community and DebugLevel directives are used by all backends. The remainder apply only to the SNMP backend (cups-snmp(8)). DIRECTIVES
The following directives are understood by the CUPS network backends. Consult the on-line help for detailed descriptions: Address @IF(name) Address @LOCAL Address address Sends SNMP broadcast queries to the specified address(es). There is no default for the broadcast address. Community name Specifies the community name to use. Only a single community name may be specified. The default community name is "public". DebugLevel number Specifies the logging level from 0 (none) to 3 (everything). Typically only used for debugging (thus the name). The default debug level is 0. DeviceURI "regular expression" device-uri [... device-uri] Specifies one or more device URIs that should be used for a given make and model string. The regular expression is used to match the detected make and model, and the device URI strings must be of the form "scheme://%s[:port]/[path]", where "%s" represents the detected address or hostname. There are no default device URI matching rules. HostNameLookups on HostNameLookups off Specifies whether the addresses of printers should be converted to hostnames or left as numeric IP addresses. The default is "off". MaxRunTime seconds Specifies the maximum number of seconds that the SNMP backend will scan the network for printers. The default is 120 seconds (2 min- utes). SEE ALSO
cups-snmp(8), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 23 April 2012 CUPS snmp.conf(5)