Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX prtconf command not working in Aix 5.3 Post 302296295 by dukessd on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 08:08:36 PM
Old 03-10-2009
who's bash?
does it work with ksh or ksh93?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

equivalent prtdiag and prtconf command

I have a very old sunOS 4.xx server on a SPARCstation 5. What is the command , if any, that is similar to prtdiag and prtconf? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prtconf

Hi, Please let me know the equalent Linux command for "prtconf". Thanks in Advance, Naga:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm -rf not working on AIX 6.1

Hi Guys, I have never seen this happen before, but created a directory as a user when installing some software, software install fails so I try and remove the directory as root and get an error. There is no processes using the folder see output: ls -l total 446336 -rwxr----- 1 u0008862... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
2 Replies

4. Linux

prtconf in Linux

Hello, i would like to know the alternate command in Linux for the below command used in Solaris. # prtconf -D | egrep 'pci,|network|ethernet|SUNW,qfe' pci, instance #0 (driver name: pcicmu) pci, instance #0 (driver name: px) pci, instance #0 (driver name: pxb_plx) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command not working in AIX UNIX

Hi 1st problem -------------- i have this sed command in my unix script which replaces new line and carriage return in a line with the string "&#xA" the script works fine in Linux 3.0.101-0.5, but not in AIX 1 7 , the "s/\r/\&#xA/g" replacement, replaces all the character "r" in the file.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus_jack
3 Replies

7. AIX

Difference between lsconf & prtconf cmds on AIX

Friends, Could someone answer me on a silly question of mine: What's the difference between lsconf & prtconf commands of AIX? I find the o/p's of either of these commands to be same. Excuse me if I'm missing something, also I google-ed about it before turning down here for answer. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command not working on AIX

Hello, I am running find command in an AIX Server to find last 7 days modified directories/files. >cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class >ls -l total 0 drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 May 28 2014 Catalog-Backup drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 Sep 18 2012 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
4 Replies
let(1)								   User Commands							    let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... ksh93 let [expr...] DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate arithmetic expression to be evaluated. ksh93 let evaluates each expr in the current shell environment as an arithmetic expression using ANSI C syntax. Variables names are shell vari- ables and they are recursively evaluated as arithmetic expressions to get numerical values. let has been made obsolete by the ((...)) syn- tax of ksh93(1) which does not require quoting of the operators to pass them as command arguments. EXIT STATUS
ksh ksh returns the following exit values: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ksh93 ksh93 returns the following exit values: 0 The last expr evaluates to a non-zero value. >0 The last expr evaluates to 0 or an error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), ksh93(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Nov 2007 let(1)