Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX prtconf command not working in Aix 5.3 Post 302296295 by dukessd on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 08:08:36 PM
Old 03-10-2009
who's bash?
does it work with ksh or ksh93?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

equivalent prtdiag and prtconf command

I have a very old sunOS 4.xx server on a SPARCstation 5. What is the command , if any, that is similar to prtdiag and prtconf? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prtconf

Hi, Please let me know the equalent Linux command for "prtconf". Thanks in Advance, Naga:cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rm -rf not working on AIX 6.1

Hi Guys, I have never seen this happen before, but created a directory as a user when installing some software, software install fails so I try and remove the directory as root and get an error. There is no processes using the folder see output: ls -l total 446336 -rwxr----- 1 u0008862... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
2 Replies

4. Linux

prtconf in Linux

Hello, i would like to know the alternate command in Linux for the below command used in Solaris. # prtconf -D | egrep 'pci,|network|ethernet|SUNW,qfe' pci, instance #0 (driver name: pcicmu) pci, instance #0 (driver name: px) pci, instance #0 (driver name: pxb_plx) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command not working in AIX UNIX

Hi 1st problem -------------- i have this sed command in my unix script which replaces new line and carriage return in a line with the string "&#xA" the script works fine in Linux 3.0.101-0.5, but not in AIX 1 7 , the "s/\r/\&#xA/g" replacement, replaces all the character "r" in the file.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus_jack
3 Replies

7. AIX

Difference between lsconf & prtconf cmds on AIX

Friends, Could someone answer me on a silly question of mine: What's the difference between lsconf & prtconf commands of AIX? I find the o/p's of either of these commands to be same. Excuse me if I'm missing something, also I google-ed about it before turning down here for answer. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command not working on AIX

Hello, I am running find command in an AIX Server to find last 7 days modified directories/files. >cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class >ls -l total 0 drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 May 28 2014 Catalog-Backup drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 Sep 18 2012 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
4 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)