Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Unable to mount/find new drives Post 302296293 by shamrocks on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 07:46:47 PM
Old 03-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
When you get the maintenance notification, are you able to log in with the root password?
Upon boot up this is what they get:

Quote:
***error occurred during the file system check
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.
Press enter for maintenance
(or type Control-D to continue): _
When enter is pressed, a message similiar to the following appears:
Quote:
repair filesystem 1 #
if Y is entered it goes to:
Quote:
repair filesystem 2 #
if Y is entered it goes to repair filesystem 3 # and just keeps incrementing.

If N is entered it does the same thing.

What are you suppose to enter at this stage?
Kind regards
Russ

Last edited by shamrocks; 03-10-2009 at 09:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount LVM duplication drives

Hi, I'm stuck in an awkward situation please help :) I have two identical Seagate 80GB harddrives. My objective is a bit strange. 1.I want to have a cloned disk as bootable backup 2.When booting using the master drive, I also want to mount the cloned backup disk so I can do incremental... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
6 Replies

2. Solaris

/usr unable to mount

Hi All, I need help on this issue and it is a production server. /usr is unable to mount and make system can't even type any commands. Only this show and no changes makes to the system. ERROR: svc:/system/filesystem/root:default failed to mount /usr (see 'svcs -x' for details) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to mount Metadevice

Hi, I am running Solaris 8 on a V880 which has recently crashed. It has got a fibre connection to a StorageTrek array containing my database info. Since the crash I have been unable to mount the 2 metadevices which correspond to /spool & /apps - these FS's contain my db info and theredore I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs
20 Replies

4. Fedora

unable to mount NTFS

Hi, I'm new for unix. I tried to mount windows NTFS partition in Fedora unix, but it is saying ntfs not found. The command i used is mount /dev/sdb1 -t ntfs /mnt/drive1 and how to find the available filesystem type?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount Points vs Physical Drives

Hi there i need a way ( some sort of script maybe) to check if a mont point exist when but the physical drive does not for example if i look in / and see that user_data2 directory exist but there is no user_data2 drive. another hurdle would be that some of the machines have raided drives... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

6. Solaris

can't find SCSI drives

had a D1000 connected to this Solaris10 server, for a while, everything worked good ..until today.. it can't find the other half of D1000 disks at all..all LEDs on the D1000 are in green..kept getting the below: Dec 19 17:10:34 tocbs103 glm: WARNING: ID Dec 19 17:10:34 tocbs103 scsi: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CDROM

Hi I have created a RHEL6 machine that is hosted on VMWare player that in turn runs off my Windows 7 PC. When I try and mount the CDROM on the RHEL6 box I get the following output: $ mount /dev/cdrom/media mount: can't find /dev/cdrom/media in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab $ Here is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CD rom

hi Am trying to mount a cdrom which has a blank cd into it, using the command: mount -v cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /mnt Am getting this error: # df -Ig Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 0.50 0.19 0.31 38% / /dev/hd2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to mount.

Hi, I am unable to mount the AIX share on Red Hat Linux 5.5 getting below error on linux server while mounting. reason given by server: unknown nfs status return value: -1 I have checked on AIX side. lssrc -g nfs showing below output. bash-3.00# lssrc -g nfs Subsystem ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount NFS

Hello, While mounting NFS below error is coming: # mount -t nfs 10.65.150.69:/lvsnap /lvsnap mount: mount to NFS server '10.65.150.69' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered. Please advise. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)