Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting VI Editor - question for unix gurus !! Post 302296270 by Rahulpict on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 05:28:34 PM
Old 03-10-2009
How I should check if xxd exists on the machine(s)? cmd?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Any RF unix gurus out there?

I am having a problem here. We are having several problems in regards to hung process's on unix (HPUX box), caused by my RF equipment (Mobile data capture units). these contact the host via a simply telnet session and locks the system? Is it a timeout problem as the timeout is disabled on the host. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subrosa
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI Editor question

When I use vi, I can type "set nu" in command mode to get line numbers. How can I get VI to start like that automatically? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - Unix Gurus calling

Unix Gurus, I have been breaking my head to get this done..seems simple.. I need to read a flat file and based on a key word in a line, i need to skip the previous 3 lines. eg : Line1 Line2 Line3 Line4 Line5 Line6 Error Line7 Line8 Line9 Error Line10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravred
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix/Linux gurus...here is Q 4u

Suppose I have two files 1.txt and 2.txt. My aim is to find (Total execution time/Number of executions) then sort the result as in decreasing order. Can anyone provide me any shell/perl/awk script or a Command to do that in faster way ? 1.txt : =============================== Number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix gurus : how to grep this pattern?

Hello Unix gurus, My log file has entries in below format : ================================================================= 2009-01-19-01.19.24.816169+660 I8635A1158 LEVEL: Error PID : 5873782 TID : 1 PROC : aaaa APPHDL : 0-269 AUTHID : PDBCMPC... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Urgent Help from UNIX gurus to get specific data from a file

Hi, I have a file monitor.txt as below... # Times are converted to local time from GMT. # Local Timezone: EST (GMT -05:00) PARAM1 { TIME 30; CC1 "xxxxx"; CC2 "xxxxx"; CC3 "xxxxx"; CC4 "xxxxx"; } PARAM2 { 4061 :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaq1xsw2
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus about sed.

Hi Folks. I need change something into file and after all manipulation I need delete only last COMMA into this piece of code -> GROUP 1 ( '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log01a.dbf', '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log01b.dbf' ) SIZE 512M, GROUP 2 ( '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log02a.dbf', ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus with expect

Hi., I need to ask question for expect script. I have prompt like # and very long script (orachk). I added to expect script line set prompt "(%|#|\\\$) $" and insert into it also piece of code ---- expect { timeout { puts "Running..." exp_continue } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vi editor question

in Vi how do I delete part of a line ( leave few words in a line and delete rest of the line ) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
6 Replies
uadmin(1M)																uadmin(1M)

NAME
uadmin - administrative control SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/uadmin cmd fcn [mdep] /sbin/uadmin cmd fcn [mdep] The uadmin command provides control for basic administrative functions. This command is tightly coupled to the system administration proce- dures and is not intended for general use. It may be invoked only by the super-user. Both the cmd (command) and fcn (function) arguments are converted to integers and passed to the uadmin system call. The optional mdep (machine dependent) argument is only available for the cmd values of 1 (A_REBOOT), 2 (A_SHUTDOWN), or 5 (A_DUMP). For any other cmd value, no mdep command-line argument is allowed. When passing an mdep value that contains whitespaces, the string must be grouped together as a single argument enclosed within quotes, for example: uadmin 1 1 "-s kernel/unix" See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ uadmin(2), attributes(5) On systems, shutting down the system by means of uadmin does not update the boot archive. Avoid using this command after manual editing of files such as /etc/system or driver.conf(4). 11 Apr 2005 uadmin(1M)