Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find the size of a database by counting all the used pages Post 302296227 by family_guy on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 04:14:04 PM
Old 03-10-2009
How can i get the grand total?

awk '{A=$1;B=$2;print A" x "B" = "A*B}' out
16384 x 4750850 = 7.78379e+10
32768 x 165 = 5406720

Looking for a total ( 7.7XXXX + 5406720)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to figure out the size in MB for an informix database

This is the info i have so far. please if you are dead positive can u let me know if i my math/process is correct. Chunks address chk/dbs offset size free bpages flags pathname 5003e1f8 1 1 0 250000 177177 PO- /database/link_cw_p01_rootdbs 5003e494 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
5 Replies

2. Solaris

database image size

hi , we are using Veritas netbackup 5 to backup all databases at our site. i noticed lately that a specific filesystem on the netbackup servers in running critically out of space , after some investigations i found that there are images that are increasing in size everytime a backup is taken .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command(s) to find size of mysql database?

hello, i'm trying to figure out the size of a mysql database shelling into my server with putty / command line. is there / are there any commands that will return the size of a database, in MB? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbourgeois
4 Replies

4. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

know the size of database

Hi all , How to know the size of a oracle database running in hp-ux server. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Database Size

Can anybody tell me how to look for the size of the database on the solariis servers. I am using Solaris 5.6 and Solaris 1.1.1 Any help will be appreciated.................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

7. AIX

NMON 12a Size of proc in 4k pages?

Hi running NMON 12a under AIX. Lately I get some out of mem errors from a java machine running "-xmx 1024" which means it can hold up to 1GB mem. Monitoring the process in NMON shows under TOP -> SIZE KB -> 250M I've found nothing in the documentation so I'd like to ask here if anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malapha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off pause... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Database size script

Hello, I'm not very good at scripting as my job is an DBA for a small firm, but now I'd like to implement a few cron jobs which access and report on the databases on an automatic basis. This is my SQL TEXT # -- Total size of Database Size in GB set echo off feedback off verify off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scrape 10 million pages and save the raw html data in mysql database

I have a list of 10 million page urls. I want those pages scraped and saved in the mysql database as raw html. I own a Linux VPS server with 1GB RAM and WHM/cPanel. I would like to scrape at least 100,000 urls in 24 hours. So can anyone give me some sample shell scripting code? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viruthagiri
4 Replies
KVM_SWAPINFO(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   KVM_SWAPINFO(3)

NAME
kvm_getswapinfo -- return swap summary statistics for the system LIBRARY
Kernel Data Access Library (libkvm, -lkvm) SYNOPSIS
#include <kvm.h> int kvm_getswapinfo(kvm_t *kd, struct kvm_swap *, int maxswap, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The kvm_getswapinfo() function fills an array of kvm_swap structures with swap summary information for each swap device, for up to maxswap - 1 devices. The number of devices, up to maxswap - 1, is returned. A grand total of all swap devices (including any devices that go beyond maxswap - 1) is returned in one additional array entry. This entry is not counted in the return value. Thus, if you specify a maxswap value of 1, the function will typically return the value 0 and the single kvm_swap structure will be filled with the grand total over all swap devices. The grand total is calculated from all available swap devices whether or not you made room for them all in the array. The grand total is returned. The flags argument is currently unused and must be passed as 0. If an error occurs, -1 is returned. Each swap partition and the grand total is summarized in the kvm_swap structure. This structure contains the following fields: char ksw_devname[]; int ksw_total; int ksw_used; int ksw_flags; Values are in PAGE_SIZE'd chunks (see getpagesize(3)). ksw_flags contains a copy of the swap device flags. CACHING
This function caches the nlist values for various kernel variables which it reuses in successive calls. You may call the function with kd == NULL to clear the cache. DIAGNOSTICS
If the load average was unobtainable, -1 is returned; otherwise, the number of swap devices actually retrieved is returned. If the name of the swap device does not fit in the static char buffer in the structure, it is truncated. The buffer is always zero termi- nated. SEE ALSO
kvm(3) BSD
January 22, 1999 BSD