Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Unable to mount/find new drives Post 302296205 by mark54g on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 03:38:00 PM
Old 03-10-2009
google for rescan-scsi-bus.sh

run this script, then run lvmdiskscan
you should see your new drives

Otherwise, the cable is not attached/terminated properly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount LVM duplication drives

Hi, I'm stuck in an awkward situation please help :) I have two identical Seagate 80GB harddrives. My objective is a bit strange. 1.I want to have a cloned disk as bootable backup 2.When booting using the master drive, I also want to mount the cloned backup disk so I can do incremental... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
6 Replies

2. Solaris

/usr unable to mount

Hi All, I need help on this issue and it is a production server. /usr is unable to mount and make system can't even type any commands. Only this show and no changes makes to the system. ERROR: svc:/system/filesystem/root:default failed to mount /usr (see 'svcs -x' for details) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to mount Metadevice

Hi, I am running Solaris 8 on a V880 which has recently crashed. It has got a fibre connection to a StorageTrek array containing my database info. Since the crash I have been unable to mount the 2 metadevices which correspond to /spool & /apps - these FS's contain my db info and theredore I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs
20 Replies

4. Fedora

unable to mount NTFS

Hi, I'm new for unix. I tried to mount windows NTFS partition in Fedora unix, but it is saying ntfs not found. The command i used is mount /dev/sdb1 -t ntfs /mnt/drive1 and how to find the available filesystem type?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount Points vs Physical Drives

Hi there i need a way ( some sort of script maybe) to check if a mont point exist when but the physical drive does not for example if i look in / and see that user_data2 directory exist but there is no user_data2 drive. another hurdle would be that some of the machines have raided drives... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

6. Solaris

can't find SCSI drives

had a D1000 connected to this Solaris10 server, for a while, everything worked good ..until today.. it can't find the other half of D1000 disks at all..all LEDs on the D1000 are in green..kept getting the below: Dec 19 17:10:34 tocbs103 glm: WARNING: ID Dec 19 17:10:34 tocbs103 scsi: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CDROM

Hi I have created a RHEL6 machine that is hosted on VMWare player that in turn runs off my Windows 7 PC. When I try and mount the CDROM on the RHEL6 box I get the following output: $ mount /dev/cdrom/media mount: can't find /dev/cdrom/media in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab $ Here is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount CD rom

hi Am trying to mount a cdrom which has a blank cd into it, using the command: mount -v cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /mnt Am getting this error: # df -Ig Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 0.50 0.19 0.31 38% / /dev/hd2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to mount.

Hi, I am unable to mount the AIX share on Red Hat Linux 5.5 getting below error on linux server while mounting. reason given by server: unknown nfs status return value: -1 I have checked on AIX side. lssrc -g nfs showing below output. bash-3.00# lssrc -g nfs Subsystem ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to mount NFS

Hello, While mounting NFS below error is coming: # mount -t nfs 10.65.150.69:/lvsnap /lvsnap mount: mount to NFS server '10.65.150.69' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered. Please advise. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
2 Replies
array-info(1)															     array-info(1)

NAME
array-info - check the status of a HP (Compaq) SmartArray controller SYNOPSIS
array-info -d array_device_path [-a|-l|-A|-c|-s|-L|-h] DESCRIPTION
Array-info is a command line tool to retrieve informations and logical drives status from several RAID controllers (currently HP Compaq IDA and CISS and MD). It displays informations about the firmware version, Rom revision, number of physical and logical drives on the con- troller, aswell as the fault tolerance, size, number of physical disks and status for each logical drive. OPTIONS
--device | -d Path to array device, e.g. /dev/ida/c0d0 or /dev/cciss/c0d1 --all-drives | -a Show informations about all drives --logical drive | -l Show informations about selected logical drive --show-ctrl | -c Show informations about controller --show-logical | -L Show informations about logical drives --show-physical | -p Show physical device informations --show-status | -s Show status of logical drives --show-all | -A Show all informations --version | -V Show version -h Show help about options COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written by Raphael Pinson <<raphink@ubuntu.com>>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 2006-12-15 array-info(1)