Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed help,,kind of urgent!!
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring sed help,,kind of urgent!! Post 302296163 by cfajohnson on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 02:12:47 PM
Old 03-10-2009

Replace PATTERN with the selection criterion for the line.

Code:
sed '/PATTERN/ s/$/- abcd - wxyz/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent sed help

Hi folks. I've tried to research this, but haven't found a good answer (could be my harried state). At any rate, I have records that end with two commas, a number, two commas this could be anywhere from ,,01,, to ,,09875953,, I need to remove the last two fields (the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need urgent sed help

I am writing a shell script on SunOS cosuaah01 5.9 Generic_118558-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 machine. The shell script in.sh looks like this: install_top=`pwd` fl2=/d01/applptch/ptchora/iAS/Apache/Apache/cgi-bin/cxtool/display_report.pl echo $fl2 mv $fl2 $fl2.old sed 5c\... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhatia333
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script help urgent

Collegues I am dealing with raw text files which is extracted from web pages. I have to find sentances which contains more than 99 words and have to put a "." after the 99th or 98 th word . Is there any possiblity to it in sed or awk With regards Jaganadh.H (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help With Sed

Hello, I need to use sed to replace a word in file. My command is this: sed "s/word_to_replace/'"${INPUT}"'/1 filename and because INPUT="~@#$%^&*()-_=+{}\|;:<>,./?" and / is also the delimiter so I'm keep on getting error message sed: command garbled: ... any suggestions about how I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help using sed command(very urgent)

Hi all, Actually i want to delete the .ps extension from package1.ps string by using sed. Can any body tell me that how shell i do it????????? It is very urgent. Can anybody help me. I am trying to do this in the following way. ps_file="package1.ps" echo $ps_file sed s/.ps//g $ps_file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent solution for simple sed

Hi Im running this command on AIX in ksh. My input file samp1 contains 1 2 123 12345 When I execute the following sed i dont get a matching pattern sed -n '/{1}/p' samp1 Can anyone help me with this simple thing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed help urgent

Hello, I have a file with the follwoing pattern: Input file: =========== tcp://xxx:123 8179 YY 1798 YY tcp://abc:2345 not found tcp://swt:4945 7356 QQ tcp://pqr:456 8178 PP 9485 PP 4485 PP (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: uandme2k2
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help req with grep + sed

HI all, i have a line in a file it cantains one;two_1_10;two_2_10;two_3_10;three~ now i need to get the output as one;two_1_abc_10;two_2_abc_10;two_3_abc_10;three~ ( 1 should be replaced with 1_abc for two__10 , and one more thing the number of occurances of two_value_10 will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Urgent help on awk/sed

Hi, Sample Input Table 1 XXXXX YYYYY A 1 2 3 4 5 B 1 2 3 4 5 C 1 2 3 4 5 D 1 2 3 4 5 A 6 7 B 6 7 C 6 7 D 6 7 Table 2 XXXXX YYYYY E 1 2 3 4 5 F 1 2 3 4 5 E 6 7 F 6 7 Table 3 XXXXX YYYYY G 1 2 3 4 5 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravin
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command error-URGENT

sort.sh ------ ls -lSr|cat -n/*gives the detailed description o files with a serial number concatenated*/ i=0 n=10 j=$n if then while do (sh -C sub.sh $i $j)& ((i++)) ((j--)) done fi if then while do (sh -C sub.sh $i $j)& (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dishak
1 Replies
MSGGREP(1)								GNU								MSGGREP(1)

NAME
msggrep - pattern matching on message catalog SYNOPSIS
msggrep [OPTION] [INPUTFILE] DESCRIPTION
Extracts all messages of a translation catalog that match a given pattern or belong to some given source files. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. Input file location: INPUTFILE input PO file -D, --directory=DIRECTORY add DIRECTORY to list for input files search If no input file is given or if it is -, standard input is read. Output file location: -o, --output-file=FILE write output to specified file The results are written to standard output if no output file is specified or if it is -. Message selection: [-N SOURCEFILE]... [-M DOMAINNAME]... [-J MSGCTXT-PATTERN] [-K MSGID-PATTERN] [-T MSGSTR-PATTERN] [-C COMMENT-PATTERN] [-X EXTRACTED-COMMENT-PATTERN] A message is selected if it comes from one of the specified source files, or if it comes from one of the specified domains, or if -J is given and its context (msgctxt) matches MSGCTXT-PATTERN, or if -K is given and its key (msgid or msgid_plural) matches MSGID-PATTERN, or if -T is given and its translation (msgstr) matches MSGSTR-PATTERN, or if -C is given and the translator's comment matches COMMENT-PATTERN, or if -X is given and the extracted comment matches EXTRACTED-COMMENT-PATTERN. When more than one selection criterion is specified, the set of selected messages is the union of the selected messages of each criterion. MSGCTXT-PATTERN or MSGID-PATTERN or MSGSTR-PATTERN or COMMENT-PATTERN or EXTRACTED-COMMENT-PATTERN syntax: [-E | -F] [-e PATTERN | -f FILE]... PATTERNs are basic regular expressions by default, or extended regular expressions if -E is given, or fixed strings if -F is given. -N, --location=SOURCEFILE select messages extracted from SOURCEFILE -M, --domain=DOMAINNAME select messages belonging to domain DOMAINNAME -J, --msgctxt start of patterns for the msgctxt -K, --msgid start of patterns for the msgid -T, --msgstr start of patterns for the msgstr -C, --comment start of patterns for the translator's comment -X, --extracted-comment start of patterns for the extracted comment -E, --extended-regexp PATTERN is an extended regular expression -F, --fixed-strings PATTERN is a set of newline-separated strings -e, --regexp=PATTERN use PATTERN as a regular expression -f, --file=FILE obtain PATTERN from FILE -i, --ignore-case ignore case distinctions -v, --invert-match output only the messages that do not match any selection criterion Input file syntax: -P, --properties-input input file is in Java .properties syntax --stringtable-input input file is in NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings syntax Output details: --no-escape do not use C escapes in output (default) --escape use C escapes in output, no extended chars --force-po write PO file even if empty --indent indented output style --no-location suppress '#: filename:line' lines --add-location preserve '#: filename:line' lines (default) --strict strict Uniforum output style -p, --properties-output write out a Java .properties file --stringtable-output write out a NeXTstep/GNUstep .strings file -w, --width=NUMBER set output page width --no-wrap do not break long message lines, longer than the output page width, into several lines --sort-output generate sorted output --sort-by-file sort output by file location Informative output: -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by Bruno Haible. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for msggrep is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and msggrep programs are properly installed at your site, the command info msggrep should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext-tools 0.17 November 2007 MSGGREP(1)