Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How can I automatically start a daemon at boot time. Post 302296145 by agan01 on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 01:10:56 PM
Old 03-10-2009
How does it work on Solaris?

Hi s93366,

Thanks so much for the excellent tutorial. I works great on Linux environment. However, When I was trying it on Solaris environment, it doesn't work since there's no chkconfig on Linux. Do you have any idea on how to make it work on Solaris? I am new to Linux/Unix, and is learning Linux/Unix. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable routed daemon at boot time????

I'm new to UNIX.... I'm running SCO UNIX and would like to disable routed daemon from being start at boot time. How should I do this????? Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrivas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start a process at boot up time

Hi, I have a program that check the IP address and automatic update it to the DNS server. I would like to run this program when the computer bootup after pppd get a connection. How do I add it to the init file. Does any one have any information of how to do it. I run a Linux Mandrake as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Database can't start automatically on solaris

Hi, I have installed oracle 9i on solaris 10 sucessfully. I have configured listener & tnsname.ora file sucessfuly. Even i can start database manully by starting listener first and from sqlplus promt data base sucessfully. Now i want to start the database automatically after system reboots. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin Vaidya
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP UX start process at boot time

When I get start program at boot I read which run level /sbin/rcx.d runlevel=0.....x only read directory which directory name has UpperCase 'S' is not enough someone says that I need to reference another file which file I need to reference 1)/etc/rc.config.d/all file which parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to start rstatd Daemon

guy's How to start rstatd Daemon on AIX 6.1 as I enable it from etc/inetd.conf then I refreshed it by this command refresh -s inetd but stil is not Active ! can some one advice in this ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Start JBoss automatically when boot my linux machine.

I have created a script file named 'start-jboss' ------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # For starting Jboss JAVA_HOME=/home/argole/jdk/jdk1.6.0_10 export JAVA_HOME cd /home/argole/server/jboss-4.2.0.GA/bin echo "Starting JBOSS server" nohup ./run.sh -c... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiraz
25 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

How do I Start postgre SQL automatically when boot my linux machine

Can any body give me the script to start postgre SQL 8.3.1 when boot linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiraz
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start some services automatically

Hello All i have a question related to some services,i want to start some services with server linux centos. i make "chkconfig httpd on" and "chkconfig asterisk on",but when i verify with chkconfig --list i found httpd 0: off 1: off 2: on 3: on 4: on 5: on 6:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernard12
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Can't start NTOP service/daemon

I have installed version of ntop 4.0.3 by guide. But I can't start ntop daemon/service. I didn't find a service file for starting. During the installation there was no problem only want to RRDTool so I installed that. Now there is no necessary package required. I didn't find in /etc/init.d/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
9 Replies
GNOME-KEYRING-DAEM(1)						   User Commands					     GNOME-KEYRING-DAEM(1)

NAME
gnome-keyring-daemon - The gnome-keyring daemon SYNOPSIS
gnome-keyring-daemon [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
The gnome-keyring-daemon is a service that stores your passwords and secrets. It is normally started automatically when a user logs into a desktop session. The gnome-keyring-daemon implements the DBus Secret Service API, and you can use tools like seahorse or secret-tool to interact with it. The daemon also implements a GnuPG and SSH agent both of which automatically load the user's keys, and prompt for passwords when necessary. The daemon will print out various environment variables which should be set in the user's environment, in order to interact with the daemon. OPTIONS
The various startup arguments below can be used: -c, --components=ssh,secrets,gpg,pkcs11 Ask the daemon to only initialize certain components. Valid components are ssh, gpg, secrets, pkcs11. By default all components are initialized. -C, --control-directory=/path/to/directory Use this directory for creating communication sockets. By default a temporary directory is automatically created. -d, --daemonize Run as a real daemon, disconnected from the terminal. -f, --foreground Run in the foreground, and do not fork or become a daemon. -l, --login This argument tells the daemon it is being run by PAM. It reads all of stdin (including any newlines) as a login password and does not complete actual initialization. The daemon should later be initialized with a gnome-keyring-daemon --start invocation. This option may not be used together with either the --replace or --start arguments. -r, --replace Try to replace a running keyring daemon, and assume its environment avriables. A successful replacement depends on the GNOMKE_KEYRING_CONTROL environment variable being set by an earlier daemon. This option may not be used together with either the --login or --start arguments. -s, --start Connect to an already running daemon and initialize it. This is often used to complete initialization of a daemon that was started by PAM using the --login argument. This option may not be used together with either the --login or --replace arguments. -V, --version Print out the gnome-keyring version and then exit. -h, --help Show help options and exit. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-keyring SEE ALSO
secret-tool(1), seahorse(1) Further details available in the gnome-keyring online documentation at https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring and in the secret-service online documentation at http://standards.freedesktop.org/secret-service/ gnome-keyring GNOME-KEYRING-DAEM(1)