Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sync files from two different servers. Post 302296039 by ripat on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 08:05:53 AM
Old 03-10-2009
rsync is the answer. That utility will check for differences and synchronize the 'chunks" of the file that are different.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sync to Green vs. Separate Sync

Hi all....I have a Sun Ultra2 that I want to use with my PC monitor. I have purchased an adapter that does not work and I was told I need to change my video card setting (if I can) to Separate Sync.....my Monitor product number ends in 1343......I am running SunOS 5.7 ......anyone have any ideas? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psantinello
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

how to find the red hat servers in time sync

Hi all, Before i'm going to install application on my RHEL servers, I just wanted make sure servers in time sync. How can I find it. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

3. Web Development

How do you sync tables in mysql between two different servers?

Hi all, I have 2 mysql databases running on two different servers (both can be accessed via ssh to each other). If I have say table ABC on server 1, how can I sync it with table ABC on server 2 if the number of records is different? Both databases are the same structure though server 2 has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Sync two servers

Hi All, want to sync. two servers , both are having solaris os. If am updating any thing in one server , it will automatically sync. with the other server . Is it possible , if so den how ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell script to sync/move files that are not in use

Hello all. This may seem like a dumb/easy question but right now I have a little script I made that uses rsync to sync a directory that has files in it that may or may not be complete files. I want to come up with a better solution for this. What it is is I have a directory lets say /incomplete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxn00b
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab using shell script to sync files.

Hi, I developed one shell script where it will sync the files using perforce, #!/bin/bash TERM=linux export TERM clear echo "" $PATH echo "" cd /u/userk/p4/p4_client/TES_DATE echo "" echo "Sync p4 " p4 sync echo "Executing for second time " p4 -u userk -p p4net:161 -c... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Client does not sync date with ntp servers

We had a network problem a couple of days before that caused 1 interface to down and up. But today I have noticed that our date is wrong, our system have 4 servers and the other 3 are OK. I used <date> command, the result is: Fri Jan 2 17:57:55 ICT 1970 I have tried set date to be the same as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvation3103
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

java project to sync 2 files

excuse me i have an question, school projcet about writing a java programme to syncronise 2 file in network using fuse with java plz i need help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yohana
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we automaitcally sync/copy files from one directoy to another ?

Hi, I would like to achieve below requirement, I have a directory "/mydir" and I want to automatically sync/copy all the content of /mydir directory to "/yourdir" directory all the time. meaning, if some application creates a file in /mydir, it supposed to be copied/available in "/yourdir"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Best practise for keeping cronjobs across 2 servers in sync

Hi all, I have 2 server A and B. B is acting as standby for A. The cronjobs running in A must not be run in B until failover. The activation of cronjobs in B can be manual. In server A, I am doing the following 1) create a cron/job script that does "crontab -l >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
5 Replies
SYNC(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           SYNC(1)

NAME
sync - Synchronize cached writes to persistent storage SYNOPSIS
sync [OPTION] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Synchronize cached writes to persistent storage If one or more files are specified, sync only them, or their containing file systems. -d, --data sync only file data, no unneeded metadata -f, --file-system sync the file systems that contain the files --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit BUGS
Persistence guarantees vary per system. See the system calls below for more details. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering and Giuseppe Scrivano. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report sync translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
fdatasync(2), fsync(2), sync(2), syncfs(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/sync> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) sync invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 SYNC(1)