Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Password Automation pros/cons Post 302295906 by sudharma on Monday 9th of March 2009 10:05:29 PM
Old 03-09-2009
Thank you much for your reply Pludi. That was informative.

Cheers Smilie
Sudharma.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

NFS Pros and Cons

Can anyone provide the pros and cons of having an NFS mount on an AIX server. Or direct me to documentation that provides this information. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcateriny
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automation script for password reset

Hi, Is there any way to automate the reset of passwords.I mean can we write some scripts and do it. Would be great if anybody can help in this regards. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakyaj
9 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 5.2/5.3 - rootvg on SAN disk - pros and cons

We are considering a DR strategy of booting AIX 5.3 and 5.3 logical partitions from EMC Symmetrix SAN disks, so that we can replicate via SRDF to a recovery site. Has anyone tried configuring AIX 5.x systems to boot from SAN disk? If so, can you provide any information on the pros and cons of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjgarrot
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP password automation

I am working on a script to automate and SFTP that I am currently doing to a company that does not allow for a .ssh profile to be created. I have search and read about the -b option and am wondering if i can get some more information about it. I tried to right a file containing the password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaycheetwood
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with user password automation

Hello, I need some assistance in trying to figure out the best way to automate user account password resets. The environment is a mix of 2000 HP-ux, aix, linux, and sunos boxes. The security specs are to reset pw's every 90 days. Most boxes are only accessible from within a current ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviousdoses
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP automation with password/passphrase

Hi All, We have a special requirement from our client, we need to automate one of the sftp job with password authentication. I know sftp can be automated with Key authentication, but this is not what I am looking for. Can some body help me, a method like .netrc in FTP automation or like sftp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
6 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

PING pros and cons

I have some questions regarding ping a. im planning to add all my servers to nagios for monitoring purposes. since nagios will do "PING" on the IP address (to check if UP or down), will there be affect on all my servers? say resource utilization, memory, etc? Will it add up or slow down the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password automation

i am doing automation of report in unix. i am copying files from different server using scp command.. if i use scp its asking for password for copying files..is there any way to automate this password issue.. can anyone help me out??? tahnks in advance, Arun Manas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pros and cons for Text User Interface and Curses::UI

Anyone has experience or study with Text User Interface and Curses::UI using Perl? - What is the criteria to decide which method is better for a console based UI? - Which DTL (dialog tag language) is supported by these? The background is that I want to write a wrapper over some UNIX tools... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikrantl
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pros and cons of a Journaled file System

Hello, Could anyone please enumerate some of the pros and cons to using a Journaled FileSystem? ---------- Post updated at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:45 PM ---------- I know clearly not losing data during a failed move or copy is a big pro, correct? Let's build off of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies