Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with a wrapper script not working Post 302295764 by richsark on Monday 9th of March 2009 01:49:28 PM
Old 03-09-2009
Help with a wrapper script not working

Hello,
I have the below wrapper script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

if ($^O eq 'MSWin32' ) {
$subnet = 'c:\path\to\subnet.txt';
}
else {
$subnet = '/opt/qip/wrapper-del-sub';
}

open FH1, 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt' or die "Can't open 'jj-deleted-subnets.txt'
$!";

while ( $line1 = <FH1> ) {
$line1 = <FH1>;
$line2= <FH1>;
open FH2, '>wrapper-del-sub' or die "wrapper-del-sub' $!";
print FH2 $line1,$line2;
close FH2;
system("kip-dgl -u xx -p xx -f $subnet -t subnet -a -o abc >> log.txt
2>&1");
}
close FH2;

What I am trying to have done is process a file 1 line at a time that which has this format in jj-deleted-subnets.txt

My goal was to write this so it takes the jj-deleted-subnets.txt yanks out the first line which in this case is 10.45.1.0 then puts it into a scratch file called wrapper-del-sub, then issue a command
kip-dgl -u xx -p xx -f $subnet -t subnet -a -o abc >> log.txt 2>&1");

Finish it, then loop back and do the next line which is 10.45.41.0 and so on and so forth until its done.

My above script is broken and I cant figure it out. The error is

Use of uninitialized value at ../wrapper-del-sub.pl line 16, <FH1> chunk 145.
Use of uninitialized value at ../wrapper-del-sub.pl line 16, <FH1> chunk 145

Thanks

Last edited by richsark; 03-09-2009 at 03:12 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is wrapper script and how to write

hi guys, I have a requirement to run a script 4 times with different parameter values. the 4 jobs have to run parallely which actually access different data of same table and deletes. how can i achieve this.................? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is a wrapper script

I tried searching the forum ,,but couldn't locate ..Can anyone give me a link or some information about wrapper script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Wrapper script

Hi Guys, I am trying write a wrapper script but I don't have any idea. I have 4 different korn shell scripts and all of them needs some parameters from command line (positional parameter). My script cant be interactive because its supposed to be automated. I am confused how can I write a wrapper... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

wrapper script in perl

Hi, I am in need of way to facilitate this senerio in a perl script. I have CLI ( command line interface) which I run like so: kip-tepltist -u Xxx -p Xxx Which produces tones of names from each template it found: 194Iselin-NJ 33-IDFLB-North-611-Woodward-8600 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count script wrapper help

I have this a code that I got help with for another task. I since tried to modify it to work on this task. I need someones expertise to modify it slightly and I am not sure where to start or yet fully understand the logic. I am trying to get a script to read my m-names.txt which has lots... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script Help With Perl Scripts

I have tried looking through wrapper scripts throughout the forum, but I don't think they were able to answer my question (either that or I'm just confused). Basically, I have a Perl script that I want to run in parallel 4 times with parameters, wait for all of them to finish, then run another... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pass parameter to the main script from wrapper script

Hi, I am writing a wrapper script(wrap_script.sh) to one of the main scripts (main_script.sh) The main script is executed as following: ./main_script.sh <LIST> <STARTDATE> <ENDDATE> looks for a parameter which is a LIST(consists of different list names that need to be processed), START/END... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapper Script in Perl Or shell

Hello, My requirement is based on Oracle where we run a perl script and it asked some questions.I want to write a wrapper which will answer all these questions. How is it possible. Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with the my wrapper script

Hi friends, i am working in ksh88. i am running the follwing wapper script in background to run two jobs parallely((eg nohup wrapper.ksh &):: wrapper.ksh ######################## #!/bin/ksh nohup ./pii_insert.ksh /nsing83/p2/test & nohup ./pii_update.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neelmani
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed on wrapper script

Hi Gurus, I need to build a wrapper script which will be passing the loading date and the data file name (provides option to the user to load a single data file or load all the data files) to the actual loader data_load.ksh to load in the database. 1. I want to execute the loader script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)