Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Migrating to new SAN switch
Operating Systems AIX Migrating to new SAN switch Post 302295730 by tdiYUZER on Monday 9th of March 2009 11:12:16 AM
Old 03-09-2009
Migrating to new SAN switch

Good morning,

I have 3 pSeries servers each with one internal boot VIOS and one boot-from-san VIOS... with numerous LPAR's running on top of them.

My question is: We are currently connecting to our IBM DS subsystem via a Cisco MDS 2GBPS SAN switch, we have recently purchased a Cisco MDS 4GBPS SAN switch and would like to migrate to it.

I have completed the migration of my WINTEL servers by simply shutting down the server, swinging over the cables, creating the new zone and powering the server back on.

I believe the AIX process is different however I am having trouble finding the correct proceedure. Can someone please help or point me in the correct direction.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

When migrating from HP-UX 11.0 to HP-UX 11.i

Hi to all, I am migrating HP-UX 11.0 to HP-UX 11.i, The following list are the components which i used in HP-UX 11.0, Whether I can use this same components in HP-UX 11.i or I should upgrade any of software version with respect to HP-UX 11.i. Oracle 8.1.7 Tuxedo 8.0 BEA Message queue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Migrating from HP-UX 11 to HP-UX 11.i?

Hi, I want to Migrate my machine from HP-UX 11 to HP-UX 11.i, regarding this i would like to know the difference and the advances b/w these two. If anyone have cookbook HP-UX 11 to HP-UX 11.i, then provide the link to me. Thanks in Advance. Sarwan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

4. Solaris

configure solaris 10 mail to relay email alerts from SAN switch

I want to be able to use an account on a solaris 10 server, eg root@myhost to act as a relay to forward mail to my domain account me@mycompany.com The reason for this is to configure root@myhost as a mail relay on Brocade SAN switches - so that when a port goes bad i get an email alert.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibidee
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Find Brocade SAN switch’s IP in Sun server?

We have a Sun M5000 connecting to a Brocade SAN switch. I don't know the IP of the Brocade switch and don't want to use its serial port to get the info. How can I find the IP of the Brocade switch under Solaris 10? Snoop is not supported by Solaris multipathing. What other tools can I use to find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

7. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating to UNIX

I am looking for a stable, reliable system to replace my current Windows systems in the home. These are simple systems that I purchased from the local Big Box store. I have heard many good things about Unix and it's various children and it sounds like a good option to me. I have worked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: donschurter
2 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
PKI --REQ(1)							    strongSwan							      PKI --REQ(1)

NAME
pki --req - Create a PKCS#10 certificate request SYNOPSIS
pki --req [--in file] [--type type] --dn distinguished-name [--san subjectAltName] [--password password] [--digest digest] [--outform encoding] [--debug level] pki --req --options file pki --req -h | --help DESCRIPTION
This sub-command of pki(1) is used to create a PKCS#10 certificate request. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print usage information with a summary of the available options. -v, --debug level Set debug level, default: 1. -+, --options file Read command line options from file. -i, --in file Private key input file. If not given the key is read from STDIN. -t, --type type Type of the input key. Either rsa or ecdsa, defaults to rsa. -d, --dn distinguished-name Subject distinguished name (DN). Required. -a, --san subjectAltName subjectAltName extension to include in request. Can be used multiple times. -p, --password password The challengePassword to include in the certificate request. -g, --digest digest Digest to use for signature creation. One of md5, sha1, sha224, sha256, sha384, or sha512. Defaults to sha1. -f, --outform encoding Encoding of the created certificate file. Either der (ASN.1 DER) or pem (Base64 PEM), defaults to der. EXAMPLES
Generate a certificate request for an RSA key, with a subjectAltName extension: pki --req --in key.der --dn "C=CH, O=strongSwan, CN=moon" --san moon@strongswan.org > req.der Generate a certificate request for an ECDSA key and a different digest: pki --req --in key.der --type ecdsa --digest sha256 --dn "C=CH, O=strongSwan, CN=carol" > req.der SEE ALSO
pki(1) 5.1.1 2013-07-31 PKI --REQ(1)