Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Trouble connecting to internet Post 302295723 by mark54g on Monday 9th of March 2009 11:02:44 AM
Old 03-09-2009
where did you get that file? ifcfg-eth0 is a redhat style config and opensuse usually puts the MAC address string in the eth file. Have you tried removing and reconfiguring your network device?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connecting to internet

I have installed Solaris 8.0 and want to find out how can I go in and change my network setup and external IP setup. At the moment system running but I can not connect to the internet. But my lan card shows that I am on the network. I also get some advice that I should check the $Socks but how do I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cdrive
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to the Internet

Im on XP now but when im on linux how do I connect to the internet? I don't think AOL works with it but are there any free programs that I can use with it? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoPepsiForYou
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi all, Is it possible (as I only have dial-up) to utilise my existing WinXP PC as a gateway to the internet for my 2nd PC (RH 8.0)?? .So connect with XP and have RH use a network connection (I guess) through the XP box and to the internet. If so, could I please have some links thrown my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cameron
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help connecting to the internet with solaris10

I am using solaris 10 with pentium 3. I have two network cards but none of them come up when i run <ifconfig -a> in command line. The two cards I have are : Linksys LNE 100TX and Netgear FA311. Does solaris 10 support these NICs or do I have to dowload the drivers for them. If so, can anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fidjouss
1 Replies

5. Linux

connecting to INTERNET

Hi, I can ping www.yahoo.com (then domain name server is OK) but I can not navigate by Motzila to www.yahoo.com or any other Web Site. What can be the problem ? Mozila is configured in preference /advance to go automaticaly on WEB. We are under RED HAT AS3. What should I check ? Many thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have just installed Linux and everything looks great, but how do I get my browser (Mozilla) to connect to my internet service provider? I have a cable connection to Bigpond in Australia, if that means anything - the ISP will not provide support for Linux. Your help would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: openhead
2 Replies

7. Solaris

connecting to internet from solaris 10

hi there, hope your chakras are all doing well :-) just installed solaris 10 on my laptop, all seems fine except the internet. How can i connect on a DSL line?. spent 7 days and 3 nights trying but couldnt find the starting point.... alikun (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
22 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trouble connecting to FTP proxy server

Hi Guys, I have trouble connecting to ftp server. My task is to connect to the proxy server and get the latest file to the local machine. It works fine when i do the same steps manually. I've been trying to do it in multiple ways but im just not able to connect. When i check the log, this is what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
4 Replies

9. SCO

Connecting to the internet

Hi, I have a router, 192.168.1.1, and an internet router, 10.0.0.138. I have connected the server to the 1st router and assigned it a IP address of 192.168.1.1. I can ping both routers successfully but I have no access to internet. Any suggestions? sco5.0.7 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: juan.navarrete
11 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Trouble Connecting to Wi-Fi Via GUI

Note: I originally posted this question on unix.stackexchange.com. But as my question was down-voted within an hour of asking, I came to the conclusion that perhaps I need to quit attempting to get help on StackExchange or that my inquiry is simply moronic. If anyone feels that my question is not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
7 Replies
UMODEM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 UMODEM(4)

NAME
umodem -- USB modem support SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device umodem device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): umodem_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The umodem driver provides support for USB modems in the Communication Device Class using the Abstract Control Model. These modems are basi- cally standard serial line modems, but they are accessed via USB instead. They support a regular AT command set. The commands can either be multiplexed with the data stream or handled through separate pipes. In the latter case the AT commands have to be given on a device separate from the data device. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
Devices supported by the umodem driver include: o 3Com 5605 o Curitel PC5740 Wireless Modem o Kyocera AH-K3001V Mobile Phone(WILLCOM) o Kyocera WX320K Mobile Phone(WILLCOM) o Metricom Ricochet GS USB wireless modem o Sierra MC5720 Wireless Modem o Yamaha Broadband Wireless Router RTW65b o ELSA MicroLink 56k USB modem o Sony Ericsson W810i phone SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The umodem driver appeared in NetBSD 1.5. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BUGS
Only modems with multiplexed commands and data are supported at the moment. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD