Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list Post 302295716 by radoulov on Monday 9th of March 2009 10:51:04 AM
Old 03-09-2009
Yes, we must ask you to be patient.

Try this (use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris):

Code:
awk -F\| 'FILENAME == ARGV[1] { 
  m[$1] = $2; next
  }
FILENAME == ARGV[2] { 
  n = split($0, t, "/"); f[$0] = t[n]
  ARGV[ARGC++] = $0; next
  }
{ 
  FNR == 1 && FS = "[ \t]*"  
  if (FNR == 2) 
  print FILENAME ": version", ($NF == m[f[FILENAME]] ? \
  "OK" : "mismatch " $NF " <-> " m[f[FILENAME]])
  }' mapVersion.txt ListOfFile.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK

Hi, I have two files with the format shown below. I need to read first field(value before comma) from file 1 and search for a record in file 2 that has the same value in the field "KEY=" and write the complete record of file 2 with corresponding field 2 of the first file in to result file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Kalyan
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a file and use the content for mapping

help me pls.. :( i want to read a mapping file. Below is the content of my mapping file. 6221,189,SMSC1,OMC1,WAP1 6223,188,SMSC2,OMC2,WAP2 so when my program running msisdn="622130302310" while not EOF if substring($msisdn,1,4) == "6221" -- > "6221" read from the file then echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: voidmain
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file content with awk and sed

Hello , I have huge file with below content. I need to read the numeric values with in the paranthesis after = sign. Please help me with awk and sed script for it. 11.10.2009 04:02:47 Customer login not found: identifier=(0748502889) prefix=(TEL) serviceCode=(). 11.10.2009 04:03:12... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmv
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file content

i have one file abhi.txt its contents are home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup/file1 home8/mc09ats/file2 i want to read this content of file using while loop.. in this i want to seperate the content as follows path=home8/mc09ats/UnixCw/backup file=file1 echo path echo file can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AbhijitIT
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file and only output certain content

Hi - I have a file containing data like :- cn=tommy,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100530130623z cn=jane,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100423140734z cn=michael,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100331020044z I want to end up with a file that looks like:-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the variable from the line and use it to find the file and read the content of that file

Hi, I am working on one script..I am having files in the below format file 1 (each line is separated with : delimeter) SPLASH:SPLASH:SVN CIB/MCH:MCH:SVN Now I want from file 1 that most left part of the first line will store in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove exisiting file content from a file and have to append new file content?

hi all, i had the below script x=`cat input.txt |wc -1` awk 'NR>1 && NR<'$x' ' input.txt > output.txt by using above script i am able to remove the head and tail part from the input file and able to append the output to the output.txt but if i run it for second time the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and concatenate content file and file name

Hi all, i need a bash script. I have a 3 file named Milano, Torino, Firenze Into file i have: Milano Marco Luca Giorgio Michele PatrizioTorino Marco Giulio Emilio MicheleFirenze Luca Giorgio Marco Saverio EmilioThe output should be a all_city.csv file like: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop to read file and use ${file} for both filename input into awk and as string to print

I have files named with different prefixes. From each I want to extract the first line containing a specific string, and then print that line along with the prefix. I've tried to do this with a while loop, but instead of printing the prefix I print the first line of the file twice. Files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)