Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: removable usb flash drive
Operating Systems Solaris removable usb flash drive Post 302295674 by jlliagre on Monday 9th of March 2009 08:20:07 AM
Old 03-09-2009
Did you run "devfsadm -v" ?
What process is using c2t0d0p0 ? The previous dd worked better.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB flash Drive

Hello all.. I have a Verbatim 2 GB flash drive. I also have Solaris 10 running on my workstation. If I am in the Windows environment, it detects the flash drive. But when I plug it while I am in solaris, nothing happens. How will solaris 10 detect my flash drive? What do I have to do? any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB flash drive is not mounting what to do...?

hello forum.. i am using RHEL 4.0 and my system is dual boot.normally the usb flash drive should be auto mount , but in my system i am unable to mount the drive plz help... i am a new user so plz give me in detail. thank u in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoranjan
5 Replies

3. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does HPUX 10.2 or 11.i support any USB flash drive?

Where can I get a driver that support usb flash drives for my unix machines. I need a solution to transfer data easily for techs. I am running C3750 and c8000 HP equipment. Or is there a way to mount them and use them without adding drivers? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkend12
0 Replies

5. Solaris

removable flash drive

I have a removable usb flash drive which is visible below as no. 2 # rmformat Looking for devices... 1. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/cdrom0 Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2 Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,1/ide@0/sd@0,0 Connected Device: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

USB flash drive/keyfob will not automount

I am working on an Ubuntu Linux 8.10 system that I do not want to reboot. For some reason, USB flash drives (mass storage devices) now no longer automount. I want to restore that functionality without rebooting. I can manually mount and unmount these things by doing: cd /media sudo mkdir thing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.5 & USB flash drive

Can someone help me with instructions on how to access a USB flash drive in SCO Unix 5.0.5? I need to copy ASCII text files that have been zipped onto the USB drive for transfer to a Windows computer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlodata
0 Replies

8. Boot Loaders

How to install grub on USB flash drive?

I wanna install grub on my flash drive for rescue usage. My computer installs winxp, and I have fedora12 installed in vmware. I did like this: step1: format the flash drive as FAT in winXP. step2: in fedora12, mount the flash drive on /media/flash step3: excute the command: grub-install... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10 x86 from USB flash drive

Dear friends, I have the DVD image of solaris 10 but I don't have DVD writer to burn it onto a dvd R. I was wondering if I could install Solaris from my 4gb usb flash drive as my PC supports booting from usb. I have installed Windows 7 this way recently, I have no idea about Solaris. Could you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to increase cylinders on USB Flash Drive

Hello All, I faced a unique issue. I have written a script for transferring backup data on my host machine to a USB Flash drive. The Flash drive must be of 16GB size. So, my script creates two primary partitionon the USB flash drive. I require approx 5900 cylinders for the first partition on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
8 Replies
devfsadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      devfsadm(1M)

NAME
devfsadm, devfsadmd - administration command for /dev SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/devfsadm [-C] [-c device_class] [-i driver_name] [ -n] [-r root_dir] [-s] [-t table_file] [-v] /usr/lib/devfsadm/devfsadmd DESCRIPTION
devfsadm(1M) maintains the /dev namespace. It replaces the previous suite of devfs administration tools including drvconfig(1M), disks(1M), tapes(1M), ports(1M), audlinks(1M), and devlinks(1M). The default operation is to attempt to load every driver in the system and attach to all possible device instances. Next, devfsadm creates logical links to device nodes in /dev and /devices and loads the device policy. devfsadmd(1M) is the daemon version of devfsadm(1M). The daemon is started during system startup and is responsible for handling both reconfiguration boot processing and updating /dev and /devices in response to dynamic reconfiguration event notifications from the kernel. For compatibility purposes, drvconfig(1M), disks(1M), tapes(1M), ports(1M), audlinks(1M), and devlinks(1M) are implemented as links to devfsadm. In addition to managing /dev, devfsadm also maintains the path_to_inst(4) database. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -C Cleanup mode. Prompt devfsadm to cleanup dangling /dev links that are not normally removed. If the -c option is also used, devfsadm only cleans up for the listed devices' classes. -c device_class Restrict operations to devices of class device_class. Solaris defines the following values for device_class: disk, tape, port, audio, and pseudo. This option might be specified more than once to specify multiple device classes. -i driver_name Configure only the devices for the named driver, driver_name. -n Do not attempt to load drivers or add new nodes to the kernel device tree. -s Suppress any changes to /dev. This is useful with the -v option for debugging. -t table_file Read an alternate devlink.tab file. devfsadm normally reads /etc/devlink.tab. -r root_dir Presume that the /dev directory trees are found under root_dir, not directly under root (/). No other use or assumptions are made about root_dir. -v Print changes to /dev in verbose mode. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/devices device nodes directory /dev logical symbolic links to /devices /usr/lib/devfsadm/devfsadmd devfsadm daemon /dev/.devfsadm_dev.lock update lock file /dev/.devfsadm_daemon.lock daemon lock file /etc/security/device_policy device policy file /etc/security/extra_privs additional device privileges ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), add_drv(1M), modinfo(1M), modload(1M), modunload(1M), rem_drv(1M), svcadm(1M), tapes(1M), path_to_inst(4), attributes(5), privi- leges(5), smf(5), devfs(7FS) NOTES
This document does not constitute an API. The /devices directory might not exist or might have different contents or interpretations in a future release. The existence of this notice does not imply that any other documentation that lacks this notice constitutes an API. devfsadm no longer manages the /devices name space. See devfs(7FS). The device configuration service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/device/local:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 6 Aug 2004 devfsadm(1M)