Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: utilities
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users utilities Post 302295624 by subhendu81 on Monday 9th of March 2009 06:26:57 AM
Old 03-09-2009
Hi Pludi,

Can you please help me out to solve the prob.

I have a file

sample:
=======

000123 5.03 7.05 0008
00345 1005 5 9 0004

how can i get an output as

123 5.03 7.05 8
345 1005 9 4

Thanks in advance
Subhendu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zmodem Utilities

Where can I find Zmodem utilities for Soloris 7 ie: rz sz thnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compression utilities

I've noticed bzip2 gives a little bit better compression than gzip. So...I'm curious...what's gives the best compression out of all the compression utilities? Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

version of the utilities

Hi, Can anyone tell me how i can know the version of the utilities (to be specific "make" and "ar") in HP-UX ver 11.00. thanks, abey. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abey
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Utilities

Hi, My input file is like this 1 11110001 1.1.1.1.1 2 12222212 2.3.44.5.6 3 22223333 1.3.2.4.1.55 Now i need the 2nd column value get printed I tried with the following command awk 'NR==1 {print $2}' input this works fine for only 1st row.I need to change always NR assigned value to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyo123.jyothi
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bc and wc utilities???

Hi, Can anybody explain bc and wc system utilities in Unix? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run utilities

I have utilities installed on a UNIX platform and was wondering how i run them. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hershey101
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

non GNU utilities

Hi Chaps, Does anyone know of a source of proprietary unix utilities. I often fall into the trap of testing a spot of code on my linux machine, posting the answer in the forums and then realise that the solution may only work with the GNU utils that I use, and not standard posix ones (if there are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wempy
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Utilities for CSV

I'd like to be able to do something like 'select column_a column_c column_b from file.csv'. Scripting it probably wouldn't be too extraordinarily difficult but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if someone's built a better one already. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab utilities

Hi gurus/lead, I have one doubt in crontab. I have shell script source code in one server. where I don't have priviliges acess R/W the shell script in that server. how can I setup the crontab to pick the code from the other unix server ? whether is there any possibility. in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies
mailq(1)						      General Commands Manual							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - Displays the contents of the mail queue SYNOPSIS
mailq [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq command displays a list of messages in the mail queue. The mailq command is the same as the sendmail command with the -bp option; see sendmail for more information. EXAMPLES
The mailq command lists the mail queue as shown in the following example: Mail Queue (1 request) --QID--- -Size- ---Q- Time------- --Sender/Recipient--- AA002508 3 Thu Dec 17 10:01 root The mailq -v command lists the mail queue as shown in the following example: Mail Queue (1 request) --QID--- -Size- -Priority- ---Q-Time---- -Sender/Recipient- AA002508 3 1005 Dec 17 10:01 root (Output might be formatted differently on your system.) The fields have the following meaning: Contains the message queue ID of the message. Contains the number of bytes in the body of the message (header information not included). Contains the priority of the message. Contains the date that the message entered the queue. Contains the user ID of the sender (first), and then the user ID of the receiver of the message. In this example, a message also indicates the status of the message. FILES
Contains the log file and temporary files associated with the messages in the mail queue. SEE ALSO
Commands: sendmail(8) mailq(1)