Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sort command help needed.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sort command help needed. Post 302295418 by ripat on Sunday 8th of March 2009 06:46:33 AM
Old 03-08-2009
Hi,

Can you provide a sample file and desired output?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort - Help Needed

Hi, I am facing a small problem while I am doing the sort. Problem Definition: I have a file which has the following data. >cat test.dat zxzxc asdasd qwaxcZa qwaxcA When I do a sort on this file. the result set is asdasd qwaxcA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andysundar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help needed with sort. pipe and popen()

Suppose I want to find the number of uniq lines in a file. I use the following command: sort file1 | uniq -c | wc -l But if for some reason sort fails, the above command returns 0 as the answer. Why would sort fail ? sort makes use of directories /tmp or /var/tmp to store temporary files.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to sort file

I have a text file comprising of 3 columns 1. First column - numeric count/frequency of error codes 2. Second column - alphanumeric hyphenated error code 3. Third column - Error code description (alphanumeric) 184 ABCD-954 Errorcodedescription1 35645 DFMS-323 Errorcodedescription2 43534 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inditopgun
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to sort multiple columns in one file

Hi, I would like to know given that I have 3 columns. Let say I have first 3 columns to do operation and these operation output is printed out each line by line using AWK and associative array.Currently in the output file, I do a sort by -r for the operation output. The problem comes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Sort and uniq data

Hi All, After Sorting directories and files i have got following output as below, now i only want the strings common in them, so the actual output should be as below in the bottom. How do i do that? Thanks -adsi File to be modified:- Common Components for ----> AA... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to sort data

Hello All, Today i have been asking lots of question, hope to become good in scripting soon with all the wonderful advices i get. The question is i want to sort data a get uniq string from it. The code i am using to generate the output is:- check_sun() { for i in $SUN_PLATFORM do $ECHO... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort Floating Numbers Using the Sort Command?

Hi to all. I'm trying to sort this with the Unix command sort. user1:12345678:3.5:2.5:8:1:2:3 user2:12345679:4.5:3.5:8:1:3:2 user3:12345687:5.5:2.5:6:1:3:2 user4:12345670:5.5:2.5:5:3:2:1 user5:12345671:2.5:5.5:7:2:3:1 I need to get this: user3:12345687:5.5:2.5:6:1:3:2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it Possible to sort a list of hexadecimal numbers using "sort" command?

Hello Everybody :) !!!. i have question in mind, is it possible to sort a list of hexadecimal numbers using "sort" command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort command help needed

I have a file with three fields of data for example say we have 1420 $12.56 45 3456 $15.89 14 2341 $25.87 32 I need to use a command to show who is getting paid the highest amount to standard output. I am not sure if I should use a sort command or a copy and paste... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew211
1 Replies
dla_lin_berr.f(3)						      LAPACK							 dla_lin_berr.f(3)

NAME
dla_lin_berr.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine dla_lin_berr (N, NZ, NRHS, RES, AYB, BERR) DLA_LIN_BERR computes a component-wise relative backward error. Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine dla_lin_berr (integerN, integerNZ, integerNRHS, double precision, dimension( n, nrhs )RES, double precision, dimension( n, nrhs )AYB, double precision, dimension( nrhs )BERR) DLA_LIN_BERR computes a component-wise relative backward error. Purpose: DLA_LIN_BERR computes component-wise relative backward error from the formula max(i) ( abs(R(i)) / ( abs(op(A_s))*abs(Y) + abs(B_s) )(i) ) where abs(Z) is the component-wise absolute value of the matrix or vector Z. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The number of linear equations, i.e., the order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NZ NZ is INTEGER We add (NZ+1)*SLAMCH( 'Safe minimum' ) to R(i) in the numerator to guard against spuriously zero residuals. Default value is N. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices AYB, RES, and BERR. NRHS >= 0. RES RES is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N,NRHS) The residual matrix, i.e., the matrix R in the relative backward error formula above. AYB AYB is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N, NRHS) The denominator in the relative backward error formula above, i.e., the matrix abs(op(A_s))*abs(Y) + abs(B_s). The matrices A, Y, and B are from iterative refinement (see dla_gerfsx_extended.f). BERR BERR is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The component-wise relative backward error from the formula above. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: September 2012 Definition at line 102 of file dla_lin_berr.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 dla_lin_berr.f(3)