Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Help with back ground scripts... Post 302295106 by mangolinux on Friday 6th of March 2009 04:38:45 PM
Old 03-06-2009
Help with back ground scripts...

I have a user that runs a menu driven application, is there a way to see what scripts this application is executing in the back ground?
OS=AIX 4.3

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing scripts in back ground

Hi, Test1.ksh #! /bin/ksh for i in $* do #echo "$i" ksh test2.ksh $i & done test2.ksh #! /bin/ksh sleep 5s echo "From Test 1 ==> $1" exit 0; I am executing as follows: ksh test1.ksh a b c (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in back ground

I have a script "a" running in background. From script "a" i will kick off script "b" which will also be in background. Is this possible. And actually what i want is, In script "b" when i do ps -ef, script "a" should not be seen. Current "a" script ---- --- ---- nohup b exit current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Back up scripts

Hi Everyone, I would like to write a Back-up script for huge files and 3 day old file. I think i need to use Tar command for it. But I am not sure how this can be done. Can someone please assist me on this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting full back up scripts

hi guys linux noob here wanting to learn linux scripting, i need help with a backup script that not only allows me to back up my files but restore them to my own personal directory, had a look at some of the coding from the scripts section on this site but still lost. any help is much appreciated (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: burnie35
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

prevent multiple tail in back ground

Dears i have a scrip run in unix that need to use the tail -f command, as below: DATE=`date '+%m%d%y'` tail -f /var/messages | grep "start" >> /export/logs/start_${DATE}.out but the problem that the tail -f will be stop and working in the background in then end of the day (23:59:59)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script in back ground within a script

Hi friends, i have two scripts(call it bg1.ksh and bg2.ksh) which needs to be run parallely on background from a script(call it test1.ksh).then i have to wait till these two back ground job gets finished. and once it is completed , then i have to trigger one more script(call it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Concatination of string in bash scripts containing back slashes.

My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash STR1="test" echo $STR1 STR2="/bldtmp/"$STR1 echo $STR2 STR3=$STR2'/tmp' echo $STR3 output i am geting ---------------- test /bldtmp/test /tmptmp/test but my need is: ------------------ test /bldtmp/test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLMENU(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)

NAME
dh_installmenu - install Debian menu files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installmenu [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmenu is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian menu package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to interface with the Debian menu package. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.menu Debian menu files, installed into usr/share/menu/package in the package build directory. See menufile(5) for its format. debian/package.menu-method Debian menu method files, installed into etc/menu-methods/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) update-menus(1) menufile(5) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)