Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing log files, displaying logs between specific dates Post 302294985 by vgersh99 on Friday 6th of March 2009 09:26:37 AM
Old 03-06-2009
haris,
Please read the rules of these Forums you agreed to previously.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading files for specific dates

assume files are in a directory /data $ ls -ltr Just displaying Data and file name: 01/01/2004 file_3434_typea.dat 01/01/2004 file_3423_typea.dat 01/01/2004 file_3436_typea.dat 01/01/2004 file_3434_typeb.dat 01/01/2004 file_3423_typeb.dat 01/01/2004 file_3436_typeb.dat ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_jm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting list of all the log files between two dates

I need to get the list of all the log files for a particular duration, say between two dates,i.e I need to get the list of all the log files between date1 and date2.The two dates are entered by the user. The format of the log file is : /path_name/graph_name_20080801180308.log. I dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avishekp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing out the logs and generating report

My file will contain following(log.txt): start testcase: config loading ...... error XXXX ..... end testcase: config loading, result failed start testcase: ping check ..... error ZZZZZ ..... error AAAAA end testcase: Ping check, result failed I am expecting below output. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find files with specific dates and cp another folder.

Hi all, We have an existing script: find /u03/oraprod/perpcomn/admin/out -type f -ctime +7 \ -exec cp {} "/u08/oraprod/backup/cout" \; Which is to find all files more than 7 days and copy to another folder. However I would like to only list files with Sep 29, and cp to another folder. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help parsing logs maybe with menu and variables?

I would like to parse through some logs looking for things like exception or failed (grep -i failed). Ideal would be if it were in a menu format so someone without unix ability could just choose option 1 2 or 3 etc. If I could pass the hostname to a variable also that would be awesome, so someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Parsing Tuxedo Logs

Right now I am parsing Tuxedo logs to calculate response times for various services. I was hoping to find a log tool that had support for Tuxedo and would generate drill down html reports. ---------- Post updated at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:33 PM ---------- I just wanted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lurch
0 Replies

7. Debian

Logrotate truncated my log files to 0 bytes and no logs are written

Hi, Yesterday I installed and configured logrotate on my Debian machine. I was expecting this to run at 06:25 in the morning and it actually did. All my old logs were compressed and zipped but the new logs were all with size equal to 0 bytes. Processes, while still running ok, they were not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmatsinopoulos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect all logs files contents into a single log file

Hi , I have a Data cleansing process which creates different log file for each step , when the process runs it creates following log files in below order: p1_tranfrmr_log.txt p1_tranfrmr_stats.txt p2_globrtr_log.txt p2_globrtr_stats.txt p3_cusparse_log.txt p3_cusparse_stats.txt ' '... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for logs traced between specific date and time from log file

HI, I want to search for a logs which are trace between specific date and time from logs file. My logs are generated like this :- Tue Jun 18 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to process. Thu Jun 20 05:00:02 EEST 2013 | file_check.sh| Message:script has files to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Moving files with specific dates

Hi, These are the list of files in one directory in the server : # ls -lrt total 10120 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4484 Jul 8 2011 install.log.syslog -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 51890 Jul 8 2011 install.log -rw------- 1 root root 3140 Jul 8 2011 anaconda-ks.cfg drwxr-xr-x 2 root root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)