Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: URL blocking with iptables
Operating Systems Linux Debian URL blocking with iptables Post 302294833 by otheus on Friday 6th of March 2009 02:58:44 AM
Old 03-06-2009
Do you still need help on this? If so, please take the time to re-word your question. I understood that you want to access a document on your internal network, where the document is already available on an external web server. But that's all I understood.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

url calling and parameter passing to url in script

Hi all, I need to write a unix script in which need to call a url. Then need to pass parameters to that url. please help. Regards, gander_ss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

url calling and parameter passing to url in script

Hi all, I need to write a unix script in which need to call a url. Then need to pass parameters to that url. please help. Regards, gander_ss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ReDirecting a URL to another URL - Linux

Hello, I need to redirect an existing URL, how can i do that? There's a current web address to a GUI that I have to redirect to another webaddress. Does anyone know how to do this? This is on Unix boxes Linux. example: https://m45.testing.address.net/host.php make it so the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

[Linux] Blocking Your w00tw00ts with iptables

I noticed a few w00tw00ts in our Apache2 logfile the other day, so I thought I would write a quick post on blocking them with iptables. Feel free to improve upon any of my scripts or ideas in this thread. First of all, what is a w00tw00t and where might we find one? Well, a w00tw00t is an... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps blocking

Hi Folks I have been debugging a script that is called every thirty seconds. Basically it is doing a ps, well two actually, one to file (read by the getline below) and the other into a pipe. The one into the pipe is: - V_SYSVPS=/usr/sysv/bin/ps $V_SYSVPS -p$PIDLIST -o$PSARGS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies

6. Web Development

Regex to rewrite URL to another URL based on HTTP_HOST?

I am trying to find a way to test some code, but I need to rewrite a specific URL only from a specific HTTP_HOST The call goes out to http://SUB.DOMAIN.COM/showAssignment/7bde10b45efdd7a97629ef2fe01f7303/jsmodule/Nevow.Athena The ID in the middle is always random due to the cookie. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies

9. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Blocking 3306 with iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306

Just added these lines to our server firewall: iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -s 127.0.0.1 -d 127.0.0.1 -j ACCEPT iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3306 -j DROP Even though mysql is configured to correctly only listen on port 127.0.0.1 we still see these mysql log file notes on a daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
htload(1)						      General Commands Manual							 htload(1)

NAME
htload - reads in an ASCII-text version of the document database SYNOPSIS
htload [options] DESCRIPTION
Htload reads in an ASCII-text version of the document database in the same form as the -t option of htdig and htdump. Note that this will overwrite data in your databases, so this should be used with great care. OPTIONS
-a Use alternate work files. Tells htload to append .work to database files, allowing it to operate on a second set of databases. -c configfile Use the specified configfile instead of the default. -i Initial. Do not use any old databases. This is accomplished by first erasing the databases. -v Verbose mode. This doesn't have much effect. File Formats Document Database Each line in the file starts with the document id followed by a list of fieldname : value separated by tabs. The fields always appear in the order listed below: u URL t Title a State (0 = normal, 1 = not found, 2 = not indexed, 3 = obsolete) m Last modification time as reported by the server s Size in bytes H Excerpt h Meta description l Time of last retrieval L Count of the links in the document (outgoing links) b Count of the links to the document (incoming links or backlinks) c HopCount of this document g Signature of the document used for duplicate-detection e E-mail address to use for a notification message from htnotify n Date to send out a notification e-mail message S Subject for a notification e-mail message d The text of links pointing to this document. (e.g. <a href="docURL">description</a>) A Anchors in the document (i.e. <A NAME=...) Word Database While htdump and htload don't deal with the word database directly, it's worth mentioning it here because you need to deal with it when copying the ASCII databases from one system to another. The initial word database produced by htdig is already in ASCII format, and a binary version of it is produced by htmerge, for use by htsearch. So, when you copy over the ASCII version of the document database produced by htdump, you need to copy over the wordlist as well, then run htload to make the binary document database on the target system, followed by running htmerge to make the word index. Each line in the word list file starts with the word followed by a list of fieldname : value separated by tabs. The fields always appear in the order listed below, with the last two being optional: i Document ID l Location of word in document (1 to 1000) w Weight of word based on scoring factors c Count of word's appearances in document, if more than 1 a Anchor number if word occurred after a named anchor FILES
/etc/htdig/htdig.conf The default configuration file. /var/lib/htdig/db/db.docs The default ASCII document database file. /var/lib/htdig/db/db.wordlist The default ASCII word database file. SEE ALSO
Please refer to the HTML pages (in the htdig-doc package) /usr/share/doc/htdig-doc/html/index.html and the manual pages htdig(1) , htmerge(1) and htdump(1) for a detailed description of ht://Dig and its commands. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stijn de Bekker, based on the HTML documentation of ht://Dig. 15 October 2001 htload(1)