Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help loading a program into perl from a file on desktop Post 302294674 by silkiechicken on Thursday 5th of March 2009 03:54:40 PM
Old 03-05-2009
Thank you.

I actually figured out my problem. I had to move the program file from my desktop to the folder in which perl was run, which is on a server, so had to open an sftp thing, and drop it in the folder I wanted.

I sure don't make much sense, but I appreciate your help!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help fix my garbage - File Split Program in Perl

Hi, I have the following, it doesn't work and I know it's crap code. The objective is to split a file with a givin number of codes such as: 01,02,03,...,99 Then return all records with each seperate identifier in a new file. The files being split have lrecl=500, recfm=F, and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkastin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading variables - Perl

I'm trying to load a set of variables as defined by a local configuration file. Not too sure what I'm missing so I'll just post it as a whole. blub.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my $config_file="blub.config"; Config_Loader(); sub Config_Loader {... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract string and sending it into a new file in perl program

Hi, I have a input file with following values (test.out) I would like to grep all lines with word 'PANIC' and sent it another file using perl program with grep command. I have been trying different ways and not working. Pls advice. Thanks a lot for the help. --example--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from config file and use it in perl program

Hi, I want to configure some values in config file like below work_dir /home/work csv_dir /home/csv sql_dir /home/sqls reportfirst yes and i want to store each value in variable to use it further in my my perl program ?? any thought on this(i am new to perl) ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Program: How to FTP logs from a Server to Desktop

Hi guys, Good day! Anyone there could suggest on how can I create a program that will get (ftp) the logs I need from a remote Server (running in Linux) into my Desktop (running in Windows 7). For Perl program suggestions, FYI that I'm using Active Perl version. The reason why I need this one is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
2 Replies

6. Programming

Perl : Inline program to determine file size

Hi, I have 5 files as below $ ll sam* -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Mar 21 06:06 sam3 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Apr 3 22:41 sam2 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 17335 Apr 10 06:07 sam1 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 5 Apr 10 07:53 sam5 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 661 Apr 10 08:16 sam4 I want to list out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program for find one entry and put in different file

Hi I have a file name1 xxxxx name1 xxxxx name1 yyyyy name 1 zzzzz name1 Uniprot Id 1234 name2 sssss name2 eeeee name2 bengamine name2 Uniprot Id 3456 ......................and so on I have to capture Uniprot IDs only in a separate file so that output contain only ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
20 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in loading program correctly using SSH and X11 forwading

I'm trying to load a program remotely using SSH with X11 forwarding. I have no issue with loading xwindows and programs like firefox works fine. But one software that I use for my work has some issues when I load it up. For example, I can't see the pull-down menus etc, which show up when I load it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

9. Fedora

Nvidia Module Not Loading (Desktop Gone)

Well, I followed the steps in the Debian wiki here to install the drivers for the following video card: $ lspci | grep VGA 03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF104 (rev a1)I confirmed the correct driver is installed. As you probably see I've tried this a few times and a few... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Azrael
1 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)