Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arrange data
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Arrange data Post 302294590 by bobo on Thursday 5th of March 2009 12:49:12 PM
Old 03-05-2009
Power Arrange data

I have a following data:

100 200
300 400

I want the data to be arranged:

100 200 300 400

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

re arrange data

Any idea in awk or sed? $cat file a b c 2 4 5 6 output: a b c 2 4 5 6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrange data tools

Which is the best command(s) to arrange data of a file? This is my example input file: Tom ------ apples: 5 oranges: 7 pears: 10 apples: 2 oranges: 8 Jack ------ apples: 3 pears: 10 Lucy ------ oranges: 1 pears: 8 peaches: 9 Tom ------ peaches: 1 Jack ------ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csecnarf
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange Data in table and send by mail

Everybody, can you tell me how express about this; we have text data file as : parameter1 Parameter2 AA 55 BB 77 . . . . . . We want to draw table for this data as attached then send as body of Email (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xjklop2009
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Data and arrange it based on timelines

Hi Im trying to extract a specific pattern of data from a log file and store it in a other file, Im executing the below command in various files and storing it in a single file. I data that Im storing needs to be arranged based on a date and timestamp. Please assist, how to achieve this. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vr3w3c9
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

arrange merged data using sed

hi, i used paste file1.txt file2.txt > file3.txt to merge 2 columns from file1 and 4 columns from file2. file1 scaffold_217 scaffold_217 file2 CHRSM N scaffold_217.pf scaffold_217.fsa the result is as follows:- scaffold_217 scaffold_217 CHRSM ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange / format data using awk

Input 217:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa:M 217:415744:N/A 227:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa: M 227:51200:N/A 228:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa: M 228:102400:N/A 65:sapgt04:sapgt04: M 65:104448:N/A 228:fngadi4osa:fngadi4oma: M 228:102400:N/A Output 217:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa:M 217:415744:N/A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting when i need to re-arrange

I have a directory with files of the form <name>_rpt_DDMMYY_HH24:00.html I need to list them by YYMMDD and I need to get the full name back. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guessingo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange same data in same column ....

I have vary complex issue in unix...i want copy same data in same column... My Input... Object SpchAccate hAes hCCS SDop Sroontb NoRabEt SRbuc ran=C515D (Mod=15) 0 100 98.1 1.9 0.6 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange data in table

Hello All, I have following data into my file named record. Name City phone number email Jhon Newyork 123456987 jhon@gmail.com Maria Texas 569865612 Maria_Sweet@rediffmail.com Chan Durben NA Chan123@gmail.com |---------------------------------------------------------------| |Name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange data in table

Hello All, I have following data into my file named record. Name City phone number email Jhon Newyork 123456987 jhon@gmail.com Maria Texas 569865612 Maria_Sweet@rediffmail.com Chan Durben NA Chan123@gmail.com The output should be in straight columns.. There should not be any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
1 Replies
Set::Infinite::Basic(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Set::Infinite::Basic(3pm)

NAME
Set::Infinite::Basic - Sets of intervals 6 =head1 SYNOPSIS use Set::Infinite::Basic; $set = Set::Infinite::Basic->new(1,2); # [1..2] print $set->union(5,6); # [1..2],[5..6] DESCRIPTION
Set::Infinite::Basic is a Set Theory module for infinite sets. It works on reals, integers, and objects. This module does not support recurrences. Recurrences are implemented in Set::Infinite. METHODS
empty_set Creates an empty_set. If called from an existing set, the empty set inherits the "type" and "density" characteristics. universal_set Creates a set containing "all" possible elements. If called from an existing set, the universal set inherits the "type" and "density" characteristics. until Extends a set until another: 0,5,7 -> until 2,6,10 gives [0..2), [5..6), [7..10) Note: this function is still experimental. copy clone Makes a new object from the object's data. Mode functions: $set = $set->real; $set = $set->integer; Logic functions: $logic = $set->intersects($b); $logic = $set->contains($b); $logic = $set->is_null; # also called "is_empty" Set functions: $set = $set->union($b); $set = $set->intersection($b); $set = $set->complement; $set = $set->complement($b); # can also be called "minus" or "difference" $set = $set->simmetric_difference( $b ); $set = $set->span; result is (min .. max) Scalar functions: $i = $set->min; $i = $set->max; $i = $set->size; $i = $set->count; # number of spans Overloaded Perl functions: print sort, <=> Global functions: separators(@i) chooses the interval separators. default are [ ] ( ) '..' ','. INFINITY returns an 'Infinity' number. NEG_INFINITY returns a '-Infinity' number. iterate ( sub { } ) Iterates over a subroutine. Returns the union of partial results. first In scalar context returns the first interval of a set. In list context returns the first interval of a set, and the 'tail'. Works in unbounded sets type($i) chooses an object data type. default is none (a normal perl SCALAR). examples: type('Math::BigFloat'); type('Math::BigInt'); type('Set::Infinite::Date'); See notes on Set::Infinite::Date below. tolerance(0) defaults to real sets (default) tolerance(1) defaults to integer sets real defaults to real sets (default) integer defaults to integer sets Internal functions: $set->fixtype; $set->numeric; CAVEATS
$set = Set::Infinite->new(10,1); Will be interpreted as [1..10] $set = Set::Infinite->new(1,2,3,4); Will be interpreted as [1..2],[3..4] instead of [1,2,3,4]. You probably want ->new([1],[2],[3],[4]) instead, or maybe ->new(1,4) $set = Set::Infinite->new(1..3); Will be interpreted as [1..2],3 instead of [1,2,3]. You probably want ->new(1,3) instead. INTERNALS
The internal representation of a span is a hash: { a => start of span, b => end of span, open_begin => '0' the span starts in 'a' '1' the span starts after 'a' open_end => '0' the span ends in 'b' '1' the span ends before 'b' } For example, this set: [100..200),300,(400..infinity) is represented by the array of hashes: list => [ { a => 100, b => 200, open_begin => 0, open_end => 1 }, { a => 300, b => 300, open_begin => 0, open_end => 0 }, { a => 400, b => infinity, open_begin => 0, open_end => 1 }, ] The density of a set is stored in the "tolerance" variable: tolerance => 0; # the set is made of real numbers. tolerance => 1; # the set is made of integers. The "type" variable stores the class of objects that will be stored in the set. type => 'DateTime'; # this is a set of DateTime objects The infinity value is generated by Perl, when it finds a numerical overflow: $inf = 100**100**100; SEE ALSO
Set::Infinite AUTHOR
Flavio S. Glock <fglock@gmail.com> perl v5.10.0 2008-07-21 Set::Infinite::Basic(3pm)