Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Booting off of a SAN
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Booting off of a SAN Post 302294583 by FredSmith on Thursday 5th of March 2009 12:34:20 PM
Old 03-05-2009
Thank you for the thoughts. You bring up some great points.

If it's something I want to play with on a test server at some point, I'm guessing it's "possible" then, putting EVERYTHING on the SAN?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting

Hi all, I've managed to get Mandrake 9 installed by disconnecting my 2 windows' drives. When I reconnect them Mandrake wants to take over. I figure it's time for the BootManager, or should I use a Linux specific one like Lilo? Or have I already stuffed up by not running Lilo at time of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is SAN

Hello all, I have looked at the entire posting that have SAN in it and I'm still fuzzy on how SAN works. I understand that every disk array can be access from any server that needs it, but is there software that is install or NFS mount type situation. One post stated that if your format command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
7 Replies

3. AIX

San:

hi We have 2 AIX nodes running with HACMP and all of them connected to SAN, Our shared storage is shark; I need to create shared volume group and I need the HACMP take a ware of it. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h2aix
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having booting problems

I booted up my SUSE ver 10.1 linux box today. Went to the DOS-type login. Failed to display KDE. I understand this has something to do with levels. But how do I change the default? I know zero about Vi (and don't need to learn it). How do I get the system to boot to KDE again? Best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dickbash
5 Replies

6. Solaris

booting from CD

Hello.. I am Still Learing Solaris .. when i try to Install Solaris 8 from its CD...i pressed STOP + A and i get a OK prompt screen. I then typed, "boot cdrom" and i am getting this error message. " FATAL: system is not bootable, boot command is disabled." How do we enable the boot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Booting Solaris 10/09

What type of communication does Solaris 10/09 need to do with it's default gateway before it can boot up? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstauffer
7 Replies

8. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 booting from EMC SAN DISK

Hi All, I have server : Sun-Fire-V490 configured with Solaris 10 zfs .. and I have configured three mirror the third one from EMC storage. root@server # zpool status -v pool: rpool state: ONLINE status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format. The pool can ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
8 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
renpy(6)							       Games								  renpy(6)

NAME
renpy - engine for creating visual novels SYNOPSIS
renpy [path to the script directory] DESCRIPTION
Ren'Py is a programming language and runtime, intended to ease the creation of visual-novel type games. It contains features that make it easy to display thoughts, dialogue, and menus; to display images to the user; to write game logic; and to support the saving and loading of games. Ren'Py tries to be like an executable script, allowing you to get a working game without much more effort than is required to type the game script into the computer. Ren'Py is implemented on top of python, and that python heritage shows through in many places. Many Ren'Py statements allow python expres- sions to be used, and there are also Ren'Py statements that allow for the execution of arbitrary python code. Many of the less-used fea- tures of Ren'Py are exposed to the user by way of python. By only requiring use of the simplest features of python, it's hoped that Ren'Py will be usable by all game authors. USAGE
If you run the program without any arguments, zou will get an interactive launcher from where you can select, run and work different projects. For running a script, you need to give the full path to the directory that contains the game you want to play. For example: renpy /usr/share/games/renpy/demo/ To learn how to use the game interface, you should install and play renpy-demo. FILES
The game data for each user is stored at ~/.renpy/ directory. The scripts can be installed in the system bz placing them under /usr/share/games/renpy/ , but you can run any script in an arbitrarz directory just by telling the path as the parameter to the game. SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://www.renpy.org/ May 2007 renpy(6)