Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem running mpirun
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Problem running mpirun Post 302294530 by otheus on Thursday 5th of March 2009 11:21:54 AM
Old 03-05-2009
You don't run mpirun with lam and vice versa. They can, however, peacefully co-exist. Once you set up openmpi, you must set up a cluster hosts file or something. Then for each process, openmpi will attempt to ssh to a host and run your program.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing mpirun commands

Basically, I would like to run an mpirun query on my web server to query your databases via yours when using the BLAST program, however the server seems not able to execute even basic mpirun programs such as cpi (to calculate pi). Are there any settings I should take note of? I am running Perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tesswulf
0 Replies

2. Solaris

how and where can i download sun solaris hpc mpirun software

how and where can i download sun solaris2.8 hpc mprun software?thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingwp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Running Script

Hi friends, i have written one small script named as "size.sh"..... while running its giving syntax error at line no 2: 'str=$' unexpected. How to run this file ??? please help me. file content is : ----------------------------- #!/bin/sh str=$( df -k | grep /usr/local)... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: samfrance
14 Replies

4. Programming

IRIX mpirun error!!

Dear Experts, I have been suffering in porting a CFD code called OpenFOAM to sgi-IRIX system for many months but to no avail, and the problem is about MPI! I installed gcc-4.3.0, gnu-binutils for my compilation. And after the building process, I can run the executive with single CPU, but when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakeat
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem running script

hey, i'm trying to run several processes due 2 loops : the code is: cd ${TIBCO_HOME}/tra/domain/${DOMAIN}/application/ for app_name in ls * do echo $app_name if && && ; then exit else echo $app_name cd $app_name pwd for ps_name in ls *.sh do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohadr
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem running executable with ./

Hey all, I'm trying to execute a program and despite it appearing to be there, I keep getting this: -bash: ./aisdispatcher: No such file or directoryTo run it, I'm going into the directory where it is stored and running ./aisdispatcher...the result of which should just be a listing of options... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmd006
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem on running a script

Hi all, Running follow command on terminal; $ glance -T cloudlive -I ubuntu -K ubuntu123 -N \ http://127.0.0.1:5000/v2.0/OpenX add name="cirros" is_public=true \ container_format=ovf disk_format=raw < \ /srv/cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-disk.img It works without problem. Putting it on a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
5 Replies

8. Programming

Problem running a makefile

I have written this makefile and am getting an error saying make nfd gfortran -O -Wall -fbacktrace -fno-align-commons -c -o fd.o fd.f fd.f:49: Error: Can't open included file 'fd.par' make: *** Error 1 The directory structure is as follows . ├── library │ ├── fd │ │ ├──... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem running texmacs

I have installed texmacs. I can load the program but only as root. I had installed it locally before and added the locaton to PATH. I think it is picking up the old PATH even if I removed it from my .cshrc ---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:37 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. Programming

Problem with running lint

This is a strange problem that I can't figure out - I run lint on my C programs to weed out unused variables. The output can be quite large, so I use sed to cut out just unused variables section. The typical command looks like this: lint -I /usr/local/include -I./include -m hn.c As my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies
qrun(8B)								PBS								  qrun(8B)

NAME
qrun - run a pbs batch job SYNOPSIS
qrun [-a] [-H host] job_identifier ... DESCRIPTION
The qrun command is used to force a batch server to initiate the execution of a batch job. The job is run regardless of scheduling posi- tion, resource requirements, or state. In order to execute qrun, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPTIONS
-a Specifies the job(s) is to be run asynchronously. -H host Specifies the host within the cluster on which the job(s) are to be run. The host argument is the name of a host that is a member of the cluster of hosts managed by the server. If the option is not specified, the server will select the "worst possible" host on which to execute the job. OPERANDS
The qrun command accepts one or more job_identifier operands of the form: sequence_number[.server_name][@server] STANDARD ERROR
The qrun command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qrun command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qrun command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), pbs_sched(8B), qmgr(1B) Local qrun(8B)