Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doubt
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Doubt Post 302294495 by otheus on Thursday 5th of March 2009 10:33:52 AM
Old 03-05-2009
Please do not cross-post threads. And please use more descriptive subjects when posting!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

One doubt

Hi, Can i use the shell script like this? When i am running the script it is hanging not giving me any output. I can redirect the output and then i can do the manipulations also but why this one is wrong. I am confused we can do like this or not.. #!/usr/bin/ksh for line in `top` do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

doubt in df -h

in my parition i hav parition like this Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 24G 22G 756M 97% / /dev/sda5 248G 1.2G 234G 1% /else /dev/sda1 965M 24M 892M 3% /boot tmpfs 7.0G 0 7.0G 0%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

Hi , Struck with one basic question. Iam expecting word count of 4 where "wc" is showing as 5 . # echo "abcd" | wc 1 1 5 # echo abcd | wc 1 1 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt

Hi, I have a file with multiple entries and I have calculated the percentages. Now I want to know how many of my entries are there between 1-10% 11-20% and so on.. chr1_14401_14450 0.211954217888936 chr1_14451_14500 1.90758796100042 chr1_14501_14550 4.02713013988978... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Doubt

How to create a file with specific size in RHEL6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sashi Kanth A
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt..

Hi experts, In one of our code we have used some command like this. name=${name##*/} Can someone please let me know what exactly it does? Thanks & Regards, Sathya V. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sathya83aa
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Doubt

in my shell script requirement is to search and replace the file with variable so i use the following command sed -i "s/abc/$SCHEMA/g" table.sql later when the script runs sqlplus username/pwd@Table& this & is not letting the variable to replace the value inside the file .please let me know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhuvan1
1 Replies
KITSEND(1)						      General Commands Manual							KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)