Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Filesystem Usage
Operating Systems Solaris Filesystem Usage Post 302294435 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 5th of March 2009 07:14:40 AM
Old 03-05-2009
reading the df manpage will also help. It displays the amount of space used.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to get filesystem usage in c

hi, everyone Can anybody tell me how to get free blocks and total blocks of filesystem in c. I am working on a hp-unix Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mika
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem Usage Script

Hey guys I am learning Linux and I am working on script for a college class project to check usage of file system. I pulled this from a different site but have to tweak it a little to work but I still get errors. Here is what I got so far. ALERT=5 function main_prog() { while read output;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcsx6245
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem usage with more than 80%.

Hi All, I need to display the output of rah "df -m" only for the filesysytems those are touching or crossing 80%. Im using SuSE Linux box and the output of original rah command is- /dev/NODE0001 557900 446681 83319 75% /db2fs/NODE0001 /dev/NODE0002 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

8. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem usage discrepancy after "copy"

I have a query someone may be able to shed some light on... We have a Solaris 10 OS Sun V490 server Sparc. I have a SAN attached EMC Clarrion LUN which we have app data stored on. Pseudo name=emcpower0a CLARiiON ID=CK200070300470 Due to storage requirements - I need to migrate this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ru4n1
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Space usage by top 5 users in a filesystem

I want to see top 5 users,who have occupied most amount of disk space in a filesystem. But not sure how to do it. I can get the usage for a particular user find . -user user -type f exec df -h {} \;|awk '{ s = s+$1 } END { print "Total used: ",s }' But how to get without specifying any user... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rka
6 Replies
mdir(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   mdir(1)

Name
       mdir - display an MSDOS directory

Note of warning
       This  manpage  has been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation, and may not be entirely accurate or complete.  See the
       end of this man page for details.

Description
       The mdir command is used to display an MS-DOS directory. Its syntax is:

mdir [-/] [-f] [-w] [-a] [-b] msdosfile [ msdosfiles...]

Mdir displays the contents of MS-DOS directories, or the entries for some MS-DOS files.

Mdir supports the following command line options:

/      Recursive output, just like MS-DOS' -s option

w      Wide output.  With this option, mdir prints the filenames across the page without displaying the file size or creation date.

a      Also list hidden files.

f      Fast.  Do not try to find out free space.  On larger disks, finding out the amount of free space takes up some non trivial amount of
	      time, as the whole FAT must be read in and scanned.  The -f flag bypasses this step.  This flag is not needed on FAT32 file systems,
	      which store the size explicitly.

b      Concise listing. Lists each directory name or filename, one per line (including the filename extension).	This  switch  displays	no
	      heading information and no summary. Only a newline separated list of pathnames is displayed.

An error occurs if a component of the path is not a directory.

See Also
       Mtools' texinfo doc

Viewing the texi doc
       This  manpage  has  been automatically generated from mtools's texinfo documentation. However, this process is only approximative, and some
       items, such as crossreferences, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process.  Indeed, these items have no appropriate repre-
       sentation  in  the manpage format.  Moreover, not all information has been translated into the manpage version.	Thus I strongly advise you
       to use the original texinfo doc.  See the end of this manpage for instructions how to view the texinfo doc.

*      To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following commands:

./configure; make dvi; dvips mtools.dvi

*      To generate a html copy,	run:

./configure; make html

A premade html can be found at `http://www.gnu.org/software/mtools/manual/mtools.html'

*      To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:

./configure; make info

The texinfo doc looks most pretty when printed or as html.  Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due  to  the
       quoting conventions used in info.

mtools-4.0.18							      09Jan13								   mdir(1)