Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search for string and send mail Post 302294293 by AnneAnne on Thursday 5th of March 2009 01:22:38 AM
Old 03-05-2009
Search for string and send mail

Hi,
I need to find if there is any error in the last few lines of the log file and send a mail accordingly.For example,
Following errors can be logged in the log file.
ERR_1="DB Connection not established"
ERR_2="Server Unloading"
I need to find if these errors are found in the log file and send different mails according to the errors.
How can we do that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail once string is seen

I need to write a script that when it sees the following string in a log file, it emails a group of people SQLException: ORA-12157: TNS:internal network communication error im a newb to scripting, any ideas would be appreciated (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a string and mail it as attachment

Hi All, I need to search a text in a string, assign it to a variable. Ex : I need to get the number that has gif extension. The number is not constant. The search value should return as 1174499845 from the following string. x 1174499845.gif, 133982 bytes, 262 tape blocks Go to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshtata
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string and send the line containing it

Folks, Need a script which searches for a string and send line containing the string to the mail. The requirement is like this : file abc.log containts below text : "error occurred due to the code 3456 and kill the process to recover it" 1. search for string "3456" and send entire... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockingvj
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search string and send email

Hi All, I need script which should search for the "reason code" and it should send mail with its preceding line as well as the line below it.(first line before it and line after it) I used below script but it is printing the whole lines inside it, your help is appreciated: cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockingvj
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Not able to send mail out of UbuntuBox in send mail

Hi Guys.. yesterday i purchased a VPS server and installed sendmail on ubuntu 12.4 with Webmin & Apache runing webserver problem is.. i can send mail via webmin user interface account to anybody to out side to any domain and able to recieve any mail from any domain.. Now main... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmdman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the string in the active log and send mail

Hello, I wanted to search specific string in the acitve log file and send an email if the search string found in the log. Log file is written by application all the time. So, script has to search if any new log entry has the specific string for example " sample exception" and send an email. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balareddy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
jfs_fsck(8)						  JFS utility - file system check					       jfs_fsck(8)

NAME
jfs_fsck - initiate replay of the JFS transaction log, and check and repair a JFS formatted device SYNOPSIS
jfs_fsck [ -afnpvV ] [ -j journal_device ] [ --omit_journal_replay ] [ --replay_journal_only ] device DESCRIPTION
jfs_fsck is used to replay the JFS transaction log, check a JFS formatted device for errors, and fix any errors found. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device to be checked (e.g. /dev/hdb1). jfs_fsck must be run as root. WARNING
jfs_fsck should only be used to check an unmounted file system or a file system that is mounted READ ONLY. Using jfs_fsck to check a file system mounted other than READ ONLY could seriously damage the file system! OPTIONS
If no options are selected, the default is -p. -a Autocheck mode - Replay the transaction log. Do not continue fsck processing unless the aggregate state is dirty or the log replay failed. Functionally equivalent to -p. Autocheck mode is typically the default mode used when jfs_fsck is called at boot time. -f Replay the transaction log and force checking even if the file system appears clean. Repair all problems automatically. -j journal_device Specify the journal device. -n Open the file system read only. Do not replay the transaction log. Report errors, but do not repair them. --omit_journal_replay Omit the replay of the transaction log. This option should not be used unless as a last resort (i.e. the log has been severely corrupted and replaying it causes further problems). -p Automatically repair ("preen") the file system. Replay the transaction log. Do not continue fsck processing unless the aggregate state is dirty or the log replay failed. Functionally equivalent to -a. --replay_journal_only Only replay the transaction log. Do not continue with a full file system check if the replay fails or if the file system is still dirty even after a journal replay. In general, this option should only be used for debugging purposes as it could leave the file system in an unmountable state. This option cannot be used with -f, -n, or --omit_journal_replay. -v Verbose messaging - print details and debug statements to stdout. -V Print version information and exit (regardless of any other chosen options). EXAMPLES
Check the 3rd partition on the 2nd hard disk, print extended information to stdout, replay the transaction log, force complete jfs_fsck checking, and give permission to repair all errors: jfs_fsck -v -f /dev/hdb3 Check the 5th partition on the 1st hard disk, and report, but do not repair, any errors: jfs_fsck -n /dev/hda5 EXIT CODE
The exit code returned by jfs_fsck represents one of the following conditions: 0 No errors 1 File system errors corrected and/or transaction log replayed successfully 2 File system errors corrected, system should be rebooted if file system was mounted 4 File system errors left uncorrected 8 Operational error 16 Usage or syntax error 128 Shared library error REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_fsck, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_logdump(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHORS
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) William Braswell, Jr. jfs_fsck is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 29, 2002 jfs_fsck(8)