Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: getopt in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getopt in perl Post 302294159 by KevinADC on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 04:38:08 PM
Old 03-04-2009
I prefer to help people that show effort, but here is a not very good example:

Code:
use warnings;
use strict;
use Getopt::Std;
my $opt = 'abh';
my %opt;
getopts( $opt, \%opt );

a() if $opt{a};
b() if $opt{b};
help() if $opt{h};  

sub a {
   print "We are in a\n";
}
sub b {
   print "We are in b\n";
}

sub help {
   print We are in h\n";
}

See GetOpt::Std for more details

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

scriptname i have made a script to perform so tasks and i managed to complete the tasks for all the options the problem i am facing is that i can run the scripts individually but i would like to make it such that it can accept multiple options and give me the appropriate output e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: problems
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt

#!/bin/sh set -- `getopt "abco:" "$@"` a= b= c= o= while : do case "$1" in -a) a=1;; -b) b=1;; -c) c=1;; -o) shift; o="$1";; --) break;; esac shift done shift # get rid of -- # rest of script... # e.g. ls -l $@ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

I m trying to use getopt This is my script, but it doesn't take argument in variable, Please help. set - - `getopt mscl: $*` if then echo "Exiting...." exit 2 fi for i in $* do case $i in -m) MAIL="$i"; shift;; -s) SCRIPT=$OPTARG; shift;; -c) COB=$OPTARG; shift;;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

:) Can anybody help me about how to use getopt in shell scripting. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

5. Solaris

use of getopt command

Hi All, Could anyone tell me how to use getopt command.....? Thanks, Pintu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintupatro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getopt

Hi, I want to use the getopt function to parse some arguments for a script. while getopts "i:f:r:" OPTION do case $OPTION in i) iter=$OPTARG;; f) frame=$OPTARG;; r) roi=$OPTARG;; ?) echo Usage: ...... exit 2;; esac done However, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giorgos193
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Getopt::Long question - stopping multiple args

Hi there, I have an example basic script (below) and ive been trying to figure out how to stop multiple arguments to my options occuring. for example using the example script below I can issue two arguments for, say the --surname option and it will not barf at me (although thats what i want it to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
11 Replies

8. Programming

Perl Getopt::Long

Hi All I am using Getopt::Long in perl and i am trying to have it so if i dont supply a switch after the progname is will do a defult option i have the following GetOptions($OPT, 'debug|d', 'mail|m', ) or info(); i want it run the debug if it is not given a switch ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: Getopt::Long in the program

While going through some of the perl script... I had found the below line.. use Getopt::Long; my $GetOptionsReturnCode = GetOptions ( '<>' => sub { push(@unknownArg, @_); }, 'h|help' => sub { &helpMessage(); exit 0; }, ); Could anyone please explain the above one ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopt Help

Hi All, An old work friend wrote a script which I've been trying to understand how a section of it currently works and work out how i can add some command line switches which i can use later in the script to append the output depending on the command line arguements. Currently it works by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies
PLOT3D(3plplot) 						    PLplot API							   PLOT3D(3plplot)

NAME
plot3d - Plot 3-d surface plot SYNOPSIS
plot3d(x, y, z, nx, ny, opt, side) DESCRIPTION
Plots a three dimensional surface plot within the environment set up by plw3d(3plplot). The surface is defined by the two-dimensional array z[nx][ny], the point z[i][j] being the value of the function at (x[i], y[j]). Note that the points in arrays x and y do not need to be equally spaced, but must be stored in ascending order. The parameter opt controls the way in which the surface is displayed. For fur- ther details see the PLplot documentation. The only difference between plmesh(3plplot) and plot3d(3plplot) is that plmesh(3plplot) draws the bottom side of the surface, while plot3d(3plplot) only draws the surface as viewed from the top. Redacted form: plot3d(x, y, z, opt, side) This function is used in examples 11,21. ARGUMENTS
x (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to set of x coordinate values at which the function is evaluated. y (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to set of y coordinate values at which the function is evaluated. z (PLFLT **, input) Pointer to a vectored two-dimensional array with set of function values. nx (PLINT, input) Number of x values at which function is evaluated. ny (PLINT, input) Number of y values at which function is evaluated. opt (PLINT, input) Determines the way in which the surface is represented: opt=DRAW_LINEX: Lines are drawn showing z as a function of x for each value of y[j]. opt=DRAW_LINEY: Lines are drawn showing z as a function of y for each value of x[i]. opt=DRAW_LINEXY: Network of lines is drawn connecting points at which function is defined. side (PLBOOL, input) Flag to indicate whether or not ``sides'' should be draw on the figure. If side is true sides are drawn, otherwise no sides are drawn. AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLOT3D(3plplot)