Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to change pwd during logging on ftp server? Post 302294020 by unitipon on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 09:51:59 AM
Old 03-04-2009
Thank you for your suggestion, This way is inconvenience so I have to ask the administrator to do every 3 month because of password policy.

Ps. If you have any suggestion, please tell me ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Enable PWD command on anonymous FTP?

Hello everyone - First post here, I'm trying to connect to an anonymous ftp server and I am told by the server admin that I cannot have access to the "print working directory" command. I need to have access to this command in order for my (and my clients) preferred ftp client to connect. (the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: HiredGun79
9 Replies

2. HP-UX

FTP debug logging

How can I log ftp debug information? I added in /etc/syslog.conf: daemon.debug /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log and then I stopped and started syslogd but it does not log anything... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: untamed
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

ftp dir and pwd commands

Hi, I have a conenction to remote server that I'm sending files too via FTP. The problem I have is that when the file gets delivered it is 0 (zero) size. I've manually connected and logged on. The only command I can successfully execute is pwd. When I do a dir or a put command it will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change directory with wildcard in FTP server

Hi , I am looking for a command to change directory in FTP server with wildcard specified. Basically this is what i am trying. localserver# ftp remoteserver ftp> ls 41000_42000 42000_43000 ftp> cd 41* 550 CWD failed. '41*' : no such file or directory. Could anyone please let me know... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thavamaniraja
6 Replies

5. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

6. SuSE

ldap client_forcible pwd change

Hi, I have configured ldap client on openSUSE 11.3 with yast2 config. Since I am able to get list of all users through getent, it seems configuration done properly.But while logging in with ldap id its prompting for password change. login as: testuser Using keyboard-interactive... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuxian
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP SERVER logging of files retrieved

Is there any addon or finctionality in ftp (SFTP) Server that definitively indicates if a file was retireved and successfully? I am looking for this type of command with logging so -files retrieved -files deleted by remote users can be logged Must be compatible with AIX and UBUNTU. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdc01
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change shell's pwd

Hi there, i was presented with a challenge that is beyond my current shell knowledge: how can you have a script that executed interactive will change your current working directory? Example (under MacOS): 1. start Terminal and my current working directory is my home folder 2. execute a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
3 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Logging to server to get etc/passwd file of all 300 server

i am new to scripting ,i need bash script in jump server to pull the /etc/passwd of all servers and the ssh keys are installed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: profiles
3 Replies
kpasswd(1)							   User Commands							kpasswd(1)

NAME
kpasswd - change a user's Kerberos password SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/kpasswd [principal] DESCRIPTION
The kpasswd command is used to change a Kerberos principal's password. kpasswd prompts for the current Kerberos password, which is used to obtain a changepw ticket from the KDC for the user's Kerberos realm. If kpasswd successfully obtains the changepw ticket, the user is prompted twice for the new password, and the password is changed. If the principal is governed by a policy that specifies the length and/or number of character classes required in the new password, the new password must conform to the policy. (The five character classes are lower case, upper case, numbers, punctuation, and all other charac- ters.) OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: principal Change the password for the Kerberos principal principal. Otherwise, the principal is derived from the identity of the user invoking the kpasswd command. FILES
/tmp/ovsec_adm.xxxxxx Temporary credentials cache for the lifetime of the password changing operation. (xxxxxx is a random string.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkrbu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
SEAM(5) BUGS
If kpasswd is suspended, the changepw tickets may not be destroyed. SunOS 5.10 30 Jul 2001 kpasswd(1)