Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a Command To display "echo command value in loop" in single line. Post 302293978 by sakthifire on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 08:00:01 AM
Old 03-04-2009
Need a Command To display "echo command value in loop" in single line.

Hi
I want to display "echo command value in loop" in single line. My requirement is to show the input file (test_1.txt) like the output file (test_2.txt) given below.

Input file :test_1.txt
a1|b1|4|5
a1|b1|42|9
a2|b2|32|25
a1|b1|2|5
a3|b3|4|8
a2|b2|14|6

Output file:test_2.txt
a1|b1|4|5|42|9|2|5
a2|b2|32|25|14|6
a3|b3|4|8

The Highlightened same color values which come after "a" and "b" comes in same row in out put file.

Tq
Sakthifire

Last edited by sakthifire; 03-04-2009 at 09:34 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include "*" in echo command????

Hi All, I am doing one simple web tool. I have a HTML as my front end and cgi as my backend. Here my pb is when I assign the html form input to a variable in my script, it is not accepting the special char "*" to that varible. say I have a text box(Name : in_query) in html and trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: askumarece
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format output from "echo" command

Hi, I have written a BASH shell script that contains a lot of "echo" commands to notify the user about what's going on. The script generates a log file that contains a copy of what is seen in the terminal. The echo statements are generally verbose, and thus extend out for quite a ways on one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to Unix command line and have a question about the "sort" command

I am going through the Unix Made Easy second edition book by John Muster. So far it's been very informative and I can tell it may be a bit out of date. In one of the exercises it talks about the "sort" command and using it to sort column's of data etc. The "sort" command has changed a bit and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budfoxcat
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Command not found" doing a while loop in bash/shell

i=0 numberofproducts=${#urls} #gets number of entries in array called "urls" numberofproductsminusone=`expr $numberofproducts - 1` #-subtract by one while do wget ${urls} i=$(( $i + 1 )) sleep 10 done I'm getting an error ./scrape: line 22: [0: command not found that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop breaking when using "ssh" command inside

Hi , I am trying to read a list of hosts from a config file and trying to get file list from that host. For this I have used one while loop. cat "$ARCHIVE_CFG_FILE" | sed '/^$/d' | sed '/^#/d' | while read ARCHIVE_CFG do SOURCE_SERVER_NAME=`echo "$ARCHIVE_CFG" | awk -F '|' '{ print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

"Mv" command does not work in loop, but works manually

Hi there, this may be a beginner's error, but I've been unable to find a solution on my own and by googling, and now I am really stuck on it. I am simply trying to move directories called for example CAT_Run01.ica to a directory with the corresponding number, Run01, in the same directory. For... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrevol
2 Replies
asadmin-multimode(1AS)													    asadmin-multimode(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-multimode, multimode - allows you to execute multiple commands while preserving environment settings and remaining in the asadmin utility SYNOPSIS
multimode [--file filename] [--printprompt=true] [--encoding encode] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] Use multimode to process the asadmin commands. The command-line interface will prompt you for a command, execute that command, display the results of the command, and then prompt you for the next command. Additionally, all the asadmin option names set in this mode are used for all the subsequent commands. You can set your environment and run commands until you exit multimode by typing "exit" or "quit." You can also provide commands by passing a previously prepared list of commands from a file or standard input (pipe). You can invoke multimode from within a multimode session; once you exit the second multimode environment, you return to your original multimode environment. This command is supported in local mode only. --file reads the commands as defined in the file. --printprompt allows the printing of asadmin prompt after each command is executed. Set this option to false when the commands are piped or redirected from the standard input or file. By default the option is set to true. --encoding specifies the locale for the file to be decoded. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on to the standard output. Default is false. Example 1: Using multimode to execute multiple commands example% asadmin multimode --file commands_file.txt Where: example% is the system prompt. The multimode settings are executed from the commands_file.txt file. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-export(1AS), asadmin-unset(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-multimode(1AS)