Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make ssh and send commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make ssh and send commands Post 302293907 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 04:59:28 AM
Old 03-04-2009
please use google to answer questions like this! the first hit for "expect ssh login" is this:

SSH login expect shell script to supply username and password

which should help you out...

hth,
DN2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and make install commands

Hi there, I am installing a package at the moment on to my Solaris version 8 and I have run into a problem with the 'make' command. I have installed the package using the 'pkgadd' command and I am now at the stage where I have to use the 'make' command followed by the 'make install'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

make fuser send SIGTERM?

Hello, Nice forum BTW... anyway on to my question. I am trying to write a korn shell script that will shut down a java VM. The first challenge was how to figure out which java VM to kill, as there can be other java processes running at the same time. Then I discovered fuser. It says it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamides
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a script out of commands

Hi, I have a very basic knowledge of Unix and I need your help for a small script that will do the following commands that I do manually by just giving the filename TPR20080414.txt cut -d'|' -f3,4 TPR20080414.txt> oe_012.lkp awk -F "|" '{temp=$1;$1=$2;$2=temp}1' OFS="|" oe_012.lkp >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickboy
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot use Make commands

I just cant use any of the make commands. Any ideas? I already tried adding the path of the make command in my profile But nothing happened The error returned is Make: Could not read current directory. Stop. Please help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

make un shell script to send email

Hi, Someone Knows how to obtein a chain from a unix file, but not all the line, for exemple, for this file ,obtein only 902111111 and to keep the value, this value will be used to make a mailx. NF=ALL, SUBJ= FROM: SN=CD, SE=TOPCALL, NA=, N=902111111, N=TCLFI TO: SE=FAX, NA=, C1=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peybol
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash commands to an 'ssh' within an ssh'

I've struggled to find a solution to this problem from searching so I thought I'd write a post to see what can be done. I'm attempting to connect and run commands on 'server2' but because of security limitations I cannot access it directly. I can however ssh into 'server1' and then into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcintosh.jamie
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Remote Commands via SSH with variables

Hi there I found the Command to send commands to other servers like: sv01> ssh user@sv02 'ps -ef' But I cant use Variables from a script i want to execute on another server like: sv01> ssh user@sv02 'cd $SCRIPTHOME' although the variable is set on sv01. How can I run commands on sv02 with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSwiss
2 Replies

9. Programming

how can i make that a process child send a signal?

I'm trying to do a program that makes activate an signal (SINGALARM) when the next child of a son appears but this not works. I have to caught the next child o the other (pid), to send a singnal which inform a menssage. It's anything worng in the code? thanks. the code: #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmaster
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Send AT Commands to mgetty?

Hello All, I've been working on something which requires a dialup USB Modem. I have been using minicom with success entering "AT Commands" directly into the terminal window that shows after running the minicom command. I had already configured the modem through minicom and was able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project