Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: getopt in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getopt in perl Post 302293899 by namishtiwari on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 04:52:53 AM
Old 03-04-2009
Hi,

Can anyone tell me which getopt to use in my case.
A little syntax help is much appericiated.

Thanks
NT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

scriptname i have made a script to perform so tasks and i managed to complete the tasks for all the options the problem i am facing is that i can run the scripts individually but i would like to make it such that it can accept multiple options and give me the appropriate output e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: problems
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt

#!/bin/sh set -- `getopt "abco:" "$@"` a= b= c= o= while : do case "$1" in -a) a=1;; -b) b=1;; -c) c=1;; -o) shift; o="$1";; --) break;; esac shift done shift # get rid of -- # rest of script... # e.g. ls -l $@ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

I m trying to use getopt This is my script, but it doesn't take argument in variable, Please help. set - - `getopt mscl: $*` if then echo "Exiting...." exit 2 fi for i in $* do case $i in -m) MAIL="$i"; shift;; -s) SCRIPT=$OPTARG; shift;; -c) COB=$OPTARG; shift;;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

:) Can anybody help me about how to use getopt in shell scripting. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

5. Solaris

use of getopt command

Hi All, Could anyone tell me how to use getopt command.....? Thanks, Pintu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintupatro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getopt

Hi, I want to use the getopt function to parse some arguments for a script. while getopts "i:f:r:" OPTION do case $OPTION in i) iter=$OPTARG;; f) frame=$OPTARG;; r) roi=$OPTARG;; ?) echo Usage: ...... exit 2;; esac done However, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giorgos193
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Getopt::Long question - stopping multiple args

Hi there, I have an example basic script (below) and ive been trying to figure out how to stop multiple arguments to my options occuring. for example using the example script below I can issue two arguments for, say the --surname option and it will not barf at me (although thats what i want it to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
11 Replies

8. Programming

Perl Getopt::Long

Hi All I am using Getopt::Long in perl and i am trying to have it so if i dont supply a switch after the progname is will do a defult option i have the following GetOptions($OPT, 'debug|d', 'mail|m', ) or info(); i want it run the debug if it is not given a switch ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ab52
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: Getopt::Long in the program

While going through some of the perl script... I had found the below line.. use Getopt::Long; my $GetOptionsReturnCode = GetOptions ( '<>' => sub { push(@unknownArg, @_); }, 'h|help' => sub { &helpMessage(); exit 0; }, ); Could anyone please explain the above one ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopt Help

Hi All, An old work friend wrote a script which I've been trying to understand how a section of it currently works and work out how i can add some command line switches which i can use later in the script to append the output depending on the command line arguements. Currently it works by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-11 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)