Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications looking for convert rtf to pdf utility Post 302293860 by umen on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 02:54:48 AM
Old 03-04-2009
looking for convert rtf to pdf utility

Hello all
i have server that needs to add the ability to convert rtf files to pdf
what you recommend me to use ( not open office please )
its spouse to process lots of files .
something i can wrap in code and use

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

converting PDF to text, rtf doc format

Hi all Is there any program which can convert PDF to word processor file ? If the PDF has smart quotes, bullet icons, copyright and trademark symbols, etc. what happens to them intext format? So ideally would like to conver into rtf or doc. Thanks SS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing in postscript or convert from pdf?

hi - go easy on me, i'm new to UNIX... i need to resample huge pdf files and make them smaller. distiller won't resize existing pdf files. i thought i could print the pdf to a postscript file and then resample that. would that work? if so, how? is this the best way forward or should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jono2000
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Convert PCL to PDF

We're looking for a program that can convert Text and PCL formats into a PDF. We're not looking to spend a fortune so my search so far has come up empty handed as everyone wants an arm and a leg. I found txt2pdf, but that doesn't support PCL formats. Any help would be appreciated. TIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randle2I
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

convert pdf's to word

Does anyone know any good tools to convert a pdf to word, I can usually cut & paste without a hitch but I have a pdf that doesn't like that and surrounds text with lines as though a table or prints tables in miniscule text. It's only one pdf file so I'm reluctant to buy a product. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert XLS to CSV and DOC/RTF to TXT

Hi, i don't know anything about PERL. Can anyone help me providing PERL scripts for 1. converting XLS to CSV (and vice-versa) 2. converting DOC/RTF to TXT Thanks much Prvn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printer filter - convert to ps then to pdf

Hi, I currently have a driver located in /etc/cups/interfaces that does the following: job="$1" user="$2" title="$3" numcopies="$4" options="$5" filename="$6" # Set up printer default modes echo -e "\033E\c" echo -e "\033)0B\c" cat "$filename" So then I want to do something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuaz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Convert html to pdf - PDF::FromHTML

Hi, I am trying to convert html to pdf using perl module PDF::FromHTML, am getting the error as given below. not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 17, byte 56 at C:/Perl/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187 at C:/Perl/site/lib/PDF/FromHTML.pm line 140 The perl code is as given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing duplicated extensions, like .rtf.rtf

Hi and good day, In Terminal I tried mv *.rtf.rtf *.rtf to get rid of double rtf extensions ( which came about from some other process), but this doesn't work. I don't know why. Also it should be for the main and for subfolders. with -R? Anyway, any assistance would be greatly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to convert TXT to PDF in RHEL 6?

Hello friends, I need to convert ASCII text to PDF on RHEL 6 so I did the below and could generate PDF but it has lot of junk/special characters. yum install enscript ghostscript enscript -p output.ps input.txt ps2pdf output.ps output.pdf So I download latest source of Ghostscript... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to convert pdf file to txt?

Hello Unix gurus, I am learning unix. I have lots pdf data files. I need to convert them into txt files. Can you please guide me how to do that? Thanks in advance. Rao (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
1 Replies
FOP(1)								   User Commands							    FOP(1)

NAME
fop - Command line wrapper for the java version of fop. DESCRIPTION
Apache FOP (Formatting Objects Processor) is a print formatter driven by XSL formatting objects (XSL-FO) and an output independent format- ter. It is a Java application that reads a formatting object (FO) tree and renders the resulting pages to a specified output. Output for- mats currently supported include PDF, PS, PCL, AFP, XML (area tree representation), Print, AWT and PNG, and to a lesser extent, RTF and TXT. The primary output target is PDF. SYNOPSIS
fop [options] [-fo|-xml] infile [-xsl file] [-awt|-pdf|-mif|-rtf|-tiff|-png|-pcl|-ps|-txt|-at [mime]|-print] <outfile> OPTIONS
-version print FOP version and exit -d debug mode -x dump configuration settings -q quiet mode -c cfg.xml use additional configuration file cfg.xml -l lang the language to use for user information -r relaxed/less strict validation (where available) -dpi xxx target resolution in dots per inch (dpi) where xxx is a number -s for area tree XML, down to block areas only -v run in verbose mode (currently simply print FOP version and continue) -o [password] PDF file will be encrypted with option owner password -u [password] PDF file will be encrypted with option user password -noprint PDF file will be encrypted without printing permission -nocopy PDF file will be encrypted without copy content permission -noedit PDF file will be encrypted without edit content permission -noannotations PDF file will be encrypted without edit annotation permission -a enables accessibility features (Tagged PDF etc., default off) -pdfprofile prof PDF file will be generated with the specified profile (Examples for prof: PDF/A-1b or PDF/X-3:2003) -conserve Enable memory-conservation policy (trades memory-consumption for disk I/O) (Note: currently only influences whether the area tree is serialized.) INPUT
infile xsl:fo input file (the same as the next) (use '-' for infile to pipe input from stdin) -fo infile xsl:fo input file -xml infile xml input file, must be used together with -xsl -atin infile area tree input file -ifin infile intermediate format input file -imagein infile image input file (piping through stdin not supported) -xsl stylesheet xslt stylesheet -param name value <value> to use for parameter <name> in xslt stylesheet (repeat '-param name value' for each parameter) -catalog use catalog resolver for input XML and XSLT files OUTPUT
outfile input will be rendered as PDF into outfile (use '-' for outfile to pipe output to stdout) -pdf outfile input will be rendered as PDF (outfile req'd) -pdfa1b outfile input will be rendered as PDF/A-1b compliant PDF (outfile req'd, same as "-pdf outfile -pdfprofile PDF/A-1b") -awt input will be displayed on screen -rtf outfile input will be rendered as RTF (outfile req'd) -pcl outfile input will be rendered as PCL (outfile req'd) -ps outfile input will be rendered as PostScript (outfile req'd) -afp outfile input will be rendered as AFP (outfile req'd) -tiff outfile input will be rendered as TIFF (outfile req'd) -png outfile input will be rendered as PNG (outfile req'd) -txt outfile input will be rendered as plain text (outfile req'd) -at [mime] out representation of area tree as XML (outfile req'd) specify optional mime output to allow the AT to be converted to final format later -if [mime] out representation of document in intermediate format XML (outfile req'd) specify optional mime output to allow the IF to be converted to final format later -print input file will be rendered and sent to the printer see options with "-print help" -out mime outfile input will be rendered using the given MIME type (outfile req'd) Example: "-out application/pdf D:out.pdf" (Tip: "-out list" prints the list of supported MIME types) -svg outfile input will be rendered as an SVG slides file (outfile req'd) Experimental feature - requires additional fop-sandbox.jar. -foout outfile input will only be XSL transformed. The intermediate XSL-FO file is saved and no rendering is performed. (Only available if you use -xml and -xsl parameters) EXAMPLES
fop foo.fo foo.pdf fop -fo foo.fo -pdf foo.pdf (does the same as the previous line) fop -xml foo.xml -xsl foo.xsl -pdf foo.pdf fop -xml foo.xml -xsl foo.xsl -foout foo.fo fop -xml - -xsl foo.xsl -pdf - fop foo.fo -mif foo.mif fop foo.fo -rtf foo.rtf fop foo.fo -print fop foo.fo -awt HYPENATION
fop can make use of external hyphenation rules that can be supplied in the form of a hyphenation jar. You can find such a one at http://offo.sourceforge.net/. To actually use that, set the FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH environment variable to the full path of this file, or use configuration files, see below. CONFIGURATION FILES
fop reads two configuration files on startup: /etc/fop.conf and $HOME/.foprc. These are plain shell script files where you can define for instance the FOP_HYPHENATION_PATH variable. JAVA-WRAPPERS NOTE This program is a shell script wrapper based on java-wrappers(7). You therefore benefit from several features; please see the java-wrap- pers(7) manual page for more information about them. AUTHOR
Wrapper author: Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org> This manual page was written by Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). SEE ALSO
fop-ttfreader(1), java-wrappers(7). fop Version 1.0 January 2012 FOP(1)