Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris gcc not working on Solaris 10 Post 302293816 by miltony123 on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 01:06:21 AM
Old 03-04-2009
patching..

Hi incredible,
could you please provide some details of your idea of patching.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

gcc for solaris 2.6

Hi Friends, Is there any website that I can download gcc for solaris 2.6? thanks jen (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
9 Replies

2. Programming

GCC (solaris)

I packed gcc to /usr/local/ with pkgadd and when I wan't to compile a c code file it says gcc: no file how do I configure gcc on Solaris 8 plz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gcc installation in solaris 8

Hi, I am having trouble installing gcc 3.4.2-sol8-sparc-local in my sparc machine running solaris 8. It looks like I do not have enough memory in /var , but I have about 3GB free memory in /export/home. I have read some suggestion from previous threads that said it is possible to link /var and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prosper
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Install GCC on Solaris 8

Hi, I tried to install apache web server on solaris 8 and was prompted that i do not have any valid compiler. I tried to install GCC on solaris 8 using the command #pkgadd -d gcc-2.95.2-sol17-sparc-local (hit enter). May I know how I should set the environment variables to make it work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc-3.4.4 build on solaris 10 failing please help

I am building gcc-3.4.4 on sol-10 and getting the following error. my configure is going well but failing in the build stage *** checking for windres... windres checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no updating cache ./config.cache creating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help in building gcc on solaris.

We are moving from old solaris to new version of solaris. I have copied the gcc compiler installed on old server to new solaris server. But just copying didn't work. So I am trying to build it on the new server. The server version is sailfish@st-kvar02 -> uname -a SunOS st-kvar02 5.10... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalina.hv
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing gcc 2.8.1 on Solaris 10

Folks - This may sound like a newbee question - and it is. But a project that I'm managing is under a time crunch and I need a quick answer. IS it possible to install gcc 2.8.1 on a Solaris 10 Sun box? We have some old libraries that need that version of the compiler in order to work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peridot
2 Replies

8. Linux

gcc compiled executable not working across x86_64 linux platforms

Hi I compiled a hello world program on two different 64-bit Linux machines, named quimby and node0331. When I compile on quimby and run on node0331 I get a "Floating exception (core dumped)" error. But if I do it in reverse, things work fine. Here's my compilation on quimby: $ uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: same1290
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Help with installing gcc on Solaris 10

I want to install gcc for Solaris 10 to an alternate location besides /usr/local/bin, so I can't use the pre-compiled package from sunfreeware.com. So I assume I need to compile gcc for myself and specify --prefix. How can I accomplish this? Am I pretty much out of luck trying to compile... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srhadden
3 Replies

10. Solaris

gcc problem on Solaris

I just installed gcc from the latest package at sunfreeware.com using pkgadd. I write a simple 'Hello World!' program to test it. I try to compile it and I get this error: rockstar# gcc hello.c -o hello ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
0 Replies
Tk_CreateGenericHandler(3tk)				       Tk Library Procedures				      Tk_CreateGenericHandler(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_CreateGenericHandler, Tk_DeleteGenericHandler - associate procedure callback with all X events SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_CreateGenericHandler(proc, clientData) Tk_DeleteGenericHandler(proc, clientData) ARGUMENTS
Tk_GenericProc *proc (in) Procedure to invoke whenever any X event occurs on any display. ClientData clientData (in) Arbitrary one-word value to pass to proc. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_CreateGenericHandler arranges for proc to be invoked in the future whenever any X event occurs. This mechanism is not intended for dis- patching X events on windows managed by Tk (you should use Tk_CreateEventHandler for this purpose). Tk_CreateGenericHandler is intended for other purposes, such as tracing X events, monitoring events on windows not owned by Tk, accessing X-related libraries that were not originally designed for use with Tk, and so on. The callback to proc will be made by Tk_HandleEvent; this mechanism only works in programs that dispatch events through Tk_HandleEvent (or through other Tk procedures that call Tk_HandleEvent, such as Tk_DoOneEvent or Tk_MainLoop). Proc should have arguments and result that match the type Tk_GenericProc: typedef int Tk_GenericProc( ClientData clientData, XEvent *eventPtr); The clientData parameter to proc is a copy of the clientData argument given to Tk_CreateGenericHandler when the callback was created. Typ- ically, clientData points to a data structure containing application-specific information about how to handle events. EventPtr is a pointer to the X event. Whenever an X event is processed by Tk_HandleEvent, proc is called. The return value from proc is normally 0. A non-zero return value indicates that the event is not to be handled further; that is, proc has done all processing that is to be allowed for the event. If there are multiple generic event handlers, each one is called for each event, in the order in which they were established. Tk_DeleteGenericHandler may be called to delete a previously-created generic event handler: it deletes each handler it finds that matches the proc and clientData arguments. If no such handler exists, then Tk_DeleteGenericHandler returns without doing anything. Although Tk supports it, it's probably a bad idea to have more than one callback with the same proc and clientData arguments. Establishing a generic event handler does nothing to ensure that the process will actually receive the X events that the handler wants to process. For example, it is the caller's responsibility to invoke XSelectInput to select the desired events, if that is necessary. KEYWORDS
bind, callback, event, handler Tk Tk_CreateGenericHandler(3tk)