Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wants alternate to the Sleep option?? Post 302293804 by satyajit007 on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 12:07:53 AM
Old 03-04-2009
Power

Quote:
What are the "parent" and "child" batches?
Actually the main script which i posted yesterday is saimptlogi_batch.sh and i am submitting this script in a job scheduler call "AppWorx" ....What this script does is it consume some file called RTLOG* in the $MMPOS directory.After consuming it will rename the file with .1 extension..Each file consumption takes atleast 2:30 to 3:mins...so when I am submitting this script which is named as saimptlogi_batch in appworx,it is starting another sub module call saimptlogi which is for an individual RTLOG file...Once one saimptlogi finishes another saimptlogi is starting...like this it will run one after another till the number of files present in rtlogfiles.txt.....and till all the files will not be consumed the main batch saimptlogi_batch should be running......when I am submitting the main batch saimptlogi_batch,it is starting the sub modules called saimptlogi but it itself is getting finished in few seconds....I want the main batch to run till the last RTLOG consumption...

Quote:
What does $MMHOME/awbatch/refreshsql.sh look like?
#!/bin/ksh
PROG="'`echo $1`'"
sqlplus -silent $db_login/$db_password@rms <<EOF
variable p_prog varchar2
execute mg_refresh($PROG);
exit;
EOF

Quote:
Why are you using " logfile=$(ls -ltr|tail -1|cut -c 55-70)" ? Don't you know the name of the logfile? How can you be sure it is the most recently modified entry in this directory?
it is the most recently modified entry in this directory?
Though I know the logfile name...it will recent day name and it looks like below:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 appworx dba 1024 Mar 4 10:03 Mar_04.log

Only this log files will be there in this directory and ls -ltr|tail -1 will get me the last modified file..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate way for echo.

Hi, Is there any other command echo does. if I am doing this operation for each line in my file. So its taking very long time to process more than 1000 records. Is there any alternative way to write the above if statement (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

alternate lines

Hi, I'm new to Unix. I want to read the all the lines from a text file and write the alternate lines into another file. Please give me a shell script solution. file1 ----- one two three four five six seven newfile(it should contain the alternate lines from the file1) ------- one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstanand
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate to SLEEP for EXPECT within BASH script?

Fairly new to the System Admin world, and this is my first post here, hoping to get some clarification. I am using a BASH script to automate some Logfile Archiving (into .tars). The actual logfiles are accessed through an SSH, so I have used the following EXPECT sub-script within my main BASH... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goatfarmer03
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alternate for pwdx in HPUX

I need alternate command as pwdx does not work on HP-UX mymachine B.11.31 U ia64 3223107173 unlimited-user license (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

8. HP-UX

Alternate for wget

Hi, Whats the alternate for wget in HP-UX ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)