Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: which version of BSD
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers which version of BSD Post 302293793 by Straitsfan on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 09:55:56 PM
Old 03-03-2009
Here's what the answer was after typing uname -a:

Darwin 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.6.0: root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

I'm still learning about this, so can you explain things to me if possible? And do you know if there's a book specifically about Darwin?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

2. BSD

latest version of bsd

Any body there ? What is latest BSD version ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilaka
4 Replies
SEM_UNLINK(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						     SEM_UNLINK(2)

NAME
sem_unlink -- remove a named semaphore SYNOPSIS
#include <semaphore.h> int sem_unlink(const char *name); DESCRIPTION
The named semaphore named name is removed. If the semaphore is in use by other processes, then name is immediately disassociated with the semaphore, but the semaphore itself will not be removed until all references to it have been closed. Subsequent calls to sem_open() using name will refer to or create a new semaphore named name. If successful, sem_unlink() will return 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set, and the state of the semaphore is unchanged. ERRORS
sem_unlink() succeeds unless: [EACCES] Permission is denied to be remove the semaphore. [ENAMETOOLONG] name exceeded PSEMNAMLEN characters. [ENOENT] The named semaphore does not exist. SEE ALSO
sem_close(2), sem_open(2), semctl(2), semget(2), semop(2) HISTORY
sem_unlink() is specified in the POSIX Realtime Extension (1003.1b-1993/1003.1i-1995). Darwin June 8, 2000 Darwin