Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ok prompt
Operating Systems Solaris ok prompt Post 302293778 by Perderabo on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 07:06:58 PM
Old 03-03-2009
That's the number of the cpu running OBP. You can switch cpu's but I don't know a great reason why you would. Also the few times I tied it, I got some funky message. But if you're in, say, cpu 8, and you want to switch to cpu 1, the syntax is:
1 switch-cpu

At least I think I got it right...it's been a while since I've done that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prompt

how do we change the command prompt? right now my prompt says felix% where felix is the machine i´m on. but how do we change it? for example, how can i make it say me% and how do we get it to tell us what directory we are under because when i change into a subdir then the prompt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeldivady
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prompt why ?

Even though I give rm -f *, the files are listed for confirmation of removal . Why ? Thanks LS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't get ok prompt

Hi, I'm attempting to reinstall a damaged installation of Solaris 9 (on a SunFire). Connected via serial from a PC. Can't get to the "ok" prompt to launch install from CD. Ctrl+break acknowledges my request for a break, but no prompt. "#." gets me an "sc>" prompt, with several options, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shonenfan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

OK prompt

Here is a silly question: I have a Sun 220R and I need to get to the OK prompt. I can't hook up a monitor and keyboard to it. Its on a KVM right now and I also have a console connected to it. I can use PuTTY to get to the console and then connect to the 220R from there. How can I get to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to a prompt a particular value???

Hi i am working with clearcase in my UNIX machine... Accidentally some had ran a script to check out all files in the machine.... Now i am actually trying to uncheck out all those files and had written a script for it.... The problem is that when ever i am trying to uncheck out the files, its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing prompt

I currently have this as my prompt when I log in (shell is sh): PS1="`hostname ` # " My question is how do I add the current directory to that prompt? Is there a way? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
5 Replies

7. Solaris

No prompt!

We have a Solaris 10 machine. Today a weird issue happened. After login remotely via ssh, the motd appeared BUT there was no prompt! The prompt only appears after pressing Ctrl+d or Ctrl+c. Strange behaviour. I have checked /etc/profile and own user .profile, there is no anamoly. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP prompt

Hello, I am connectin to a remote server using: ftp -n -i <server> user <username> <password> lcd ~/YAFFA after i execute lcd command ther is a prompt: "Local directory now /home/YAFFA" How can is make it disappear? :confused: Please use and tags when posting code, data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
cpufreq-set(1)															    cpufreq-set(1)

NAME
cpufreq-set - A small tool which allows to modify cpufreq settings. SYNTAX
cpufreq-set [options] DESCRIPTION
cpufreq-set allows you to modify cpufreq settings without having to type e.g. "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_set_speed" all the time. OPTIONS
-c --cpu <CPU> number of CPU where cpufreq settings shall be modified. -d --min <FREQ> new minimum CPU frequency the governor may select. -u --max <FREQ> new maximum CPU frequency the governor may select. -g --governor <GOV> new cpufreq governor. -f --freq <FREQ> specific frequency to be set. Requires userspace governor to be available and loaded. -r --related modify all hardware-related CPUs at the same time -h --help Prints out the help screen. REMARKS
Omitting the -c or --cpu argument is equivalent to setting it to zero. The -f FREQ, --freq FREQ parameter cannot be combined with any other parameter except the -c CPU, --cpu CPU parameter. FREQuencies can be passed in Hz, kHz (default), MHz, GHz, or THz by postfixing the value with the wanted unit name, without any space (fre- quency in kHz =^ Hz * 0.001 =^ MHz * 1000 =^ GHz * 1000000). On Linux kernels up to 2.6.29, the -r or --related parameter is ignored. FILES
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/ /proc/cpufreq (deprecated) /proc/sys/cpu/ (deprecated) AUTHORS
Dominik Brodowski <linux@brodo.de> - author Mattia Dongili<malattia@gmail.com> - first autolibtoolization SEE ALSO
cpufreq-info(1) Mattia Dongili 0.1 cpufreq-set(1)