Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to set stack for Oracle's user? Post 302293394 by trantuananh24hg on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 04:27:40 AM
Old 03-03-2009
Thank you for your reply, incredible

I am using Oracle 10g - 10.2.0.1, Solaris 10.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

User Frame & Stack

Can anybody tell me what a user frame & stack looks like on a sun, hp, powerpc system? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Budnik
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to set the oracle environment????

Hi, I am trying to set the environment for my oracle database. I have 5 database in an unix box. My idea is to create 5 files for each database with the following script on it. After logging into the unix box ...just by typing the database name....the enviornment for the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: castlerock
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to set restricted user by rksh? Cannot use Perl module DBD::Oracle

Hi, all, I need to add a user to our system in order to let him use Oracle and Perl. We want him to remain in his home directory and have no access to our data and other users' files. I created a separate group for this user, and set his shell to rksh when I created his account, by which he... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanlh
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to read max stack size -Xss that is set/default for a java program?

I need to know what is the maximum stack size i.e. -Xss my java program is running with. Is there a way to find that out from inside my java program code and outside of it. What i am looking for is to read whatever the current set max limit -Xss (stack sie) is for a particular JVM(not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user to oracle to connect Oracle 11g DB with 'sysdba'

I need to connect my Oracle 11g DB from shell script with 'sysdba' permissions. To do this I have to switch user from 'root' to 'oracle'. I've tried the following with no success. su - oracle -c "<< EOF1 sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF2 whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetBear
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View User Mode Call Stack of Hung Process

I have a multithreaded usermode program(actually a daemon) which is in hanged state. To debug it I tried attaching the process to gdb, but the gdb hangs. gstack also gets hanged. I peeped into the proc file system and saw the process to be in sleeping state. /proc/sysrq-trigger I guess... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cannot set 'soft limits' for 'maximum stack size' for a standard user

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install Oracle Database on to Oracle Linux 7.6 but when the database install package checks the OS set-up, it keeps on failing on the soft limits for the stack. It's default value is 8192 but I'm trying to set it to 10240. This is what I added to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
2 Replies
PG_LO_TRUNCATE(3)														 PG_LO_TRUNCATE(3)

pg_lo_truncate - Truncates a large object

SYNOPSIS
bool pg_lo_truncate (resource $large_object, int $size) DESCRIPTION
pg_lo_truncate(3) truncates a large object resource. To use the large object interface, it is necessary to enclose it within a transaction block. PARAMETERS
o $large_object - PostgreSQL large object (LOB) resource, returned by pg_lo_open(3). o $size - The number of bytes to truncate. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_lo_truncate(3) example <?php $doc_oid = 189762345; $database = pg_connect("dbname=jacarta"); pg_query($database, "begin"); $handle = pg_lo_open($database, $doc_oid, "r"); // Truncate to 0 pg_lo_truncate($handle, 0); pg_query($database, "commit"); echo $data; ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.6.0 | | | | | | | Added truncate function. It supports PostgreSQL | | | 9.3's 64bit large object. Both client and server | | | must support PostgreSQL 9.3 and PHP must be 64bit | | | build to use 64bit large object. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pg_lo_tell(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_LO_TRUNCATE(3)