Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris x4200 solaris doesn't see new disk Post 302293378 by madvikas on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 03:56:41 AM
Old 03-03-2009
Network x4200 solaris doesn't see new disk

I got two 2.5" disk for a x4200 and put it in.

Just same these disk were, I remember doing this in the past, working..

Now when I put in the disk and run 'devfsadm' and also check with 'cfgadm -a', that disk doesn't seem to show up.

When I pull out the disk I see this in the logs:

Mar 2 13:52:34 chsys064 genunix: [ID 935449 kern.info] ATA DMA off: disabled. Control with "atapi-cd-dma-enabled" pr
operty
Mar 2 13:52:34 chsys064 genunix: [ID 882269 kern.info] PIO mode 4 selected
Mar 3 08:12:02 chsys064 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] /pci@7b,0/pci1022,7458@11/pci1000,3060@2 (mpt4):
Mar 3 08:12:02 chsys064 Phydisk disk 2 does not belong to any volume
Mar 3 08:12:02 chsys064 scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] /pci@7b,0/pci1022,7458@11/pci1000,3060@2 (mpt4):
Mar 3 08:12:02 chsys064 Phydisk disk 7 does not belong to any volume

How can I get it to show up? No new /dev/dsk/* entries are being created. format also doesn't seem to show the disk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

x4200 mortal errors and hellllp me!

hi after installation of sol 10 u 2 system started rebooting and when i tried to install solaris the system is giving: panic/thread=cbacf800: BAD TRAP: type=e(#pf page fault) rp=fec38ae4 addr=458b247d occured in module "unix" due to an illegal access to a user address syncing file systems..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nibiru78
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -d doesn't work on Solaris

Hello, the ls -d command to only list directories in a directory doesn't seem to work on Solaris and the man command says to use that combination: ls -d Anyone have the same problem and find a resolve? Thanks BobK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% / ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% /... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

add disk redhat, fdisk -l doesn't work

i'm trying to add disk to red hat , use fdisk -l but it doesn't recognize it what should i do it to get it works? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Need assistance to replace root disk on Netra X4200

Good day. I have a SUN Netra X4200 running on Solaris 10, with two disks in raid 1 configuration. HDD0 (c2t0d0) seems to have a problem but HDD1 (c2t1d0) is ok: # for a in c2t0d0 c2t1d0 ; do raidctl -l $a; done Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID Sub ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRH
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 doesn't boot

Hi, one of my server won't boot. I restarted system while sysconfig configure was running. I can't boot into normal user mode. I always get error svc:/system/config-user:default is in maintenance mode and some lib exists with status 95. I tried to boot into single user mode and to clear this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

8. Hardware

Cable for SUN x4200 DC

Hello, I have a spare SUN server X4200 with a DC PSU (oracle part number 300-2186) The PSU is the one in the photo I was looking in the net about what cable i can order but i couldn't find anything that fit there :) Any idea? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk /dev/sdb doesn't contain a valid partition table

Hello, I have rebooted the RHEL VM but after rebooting the vm it not showing all the partition mounted on OS level, if i'll execute the fdisk -l command, then i'm able to see the same disk. below is the fdisk output : # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 107.6 GB, 107639996416 bytes 255 heads, 63... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
1 Replies

10. Solaris

SUn Netra X4200 M2 Drivers

Hi Guys, Could someone please share the dvd/cd that came with server Netra x4200 M2 since it is not more available in Oracle site? Or do you know where I can get that? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CristianS
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)