Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Transferring files via RS232 cable Post 302293318 by apra143 on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 12:19:04 AM
Old 03-03-2009
You need to install:
bos.net.ate
Then you can use the xmodem -r option to receive the files.

Cheers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transferring files to and from remote computer

Hi all, i first have to ssh into my university account and then through there another ssh into my office computer, from my home computer. I have been trying to transfer files to and from with no such luck. How do i send a file from home to my office computer. Do I have to send it to my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring hidden files with scp

Is there a way to scp hidden files only ( with regex ) without specifying the name of the hidden files ? Many thanks in advance ! :) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
13 Replies

3. AIX

Transferring files between Windows and AIX

How do I transfer Plain Text and/or BMP image files between my WindowsXP PC and my AIX 4.1 PowerPC? I have no network or USB options, just a Floppy disk drive and a CD drive on each machine. Is it possible at all? Any help would be gratefully received:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennant Man
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mget issue: not transferring more than 2 files

I am trying to transfer about 3000 files from a window platfrom to my linux server. the scrip is pretty simple ftp to the source server (windows) cd to source directory lcd to destination directory mget *.jpg what I get in the log file is: mget 07421001.jpg? 200 PORT command successful.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doveman
4 Replies

5. Hardware

Serial connection CAT5 instead of RS232 and Null Modem or Straight cable.

Hello, I want to connect a VT520 terminal to p3 linux box. I have two questions regarding the connection. First, is it possible to use RJ45 instead of RS232 cable. (with DB9 pin to RJ45 and DB25 to RJ45 converter). Second point is that; do i need null modem cable or straight cable... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring Files via ssh (bash)

I am trying to transfer my website using ssh(hostbasedauthentication) using: sudo ssh -o "PasswordAuthentication no" -o "HostbasedAuthentication yes" -l testuser 192.168.3.1 "find /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com -depth | grep -f include| cpio -oavc| gzip" > $backup_dir/fullwwwsite$date.cpio.gz ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring files from one linux server into another

Hello , I want to transfer files from one linux server into another , I got it working using SCP command , but I have to type in password for each and every file . All the remote severs have the same password , so is there a way that I can transfer all these files by typing my password only once ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for transferring files

Hi Guys, I have to transfer a few files in my system . The commands to be used are as follows . Will it be possible to send the output of the following in the form of a mail . cd /export/home/teja ls -lrt Quote.java* mv Quote.java Quote.java.20121023 cp /tmp/Quote.java . ls -lrt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi_Teja
2 Replies

9. AIX

Rcp error while transferring files

i am trying to use a rsh script that uses the rcp command to copy files from server to server but it always produce the following error: HOSTNAME: protocol failure due to unexpected closure from server end Error: failed to copy /test to HOST2 system Error: failed to execute command on remote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portabello
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring files to directories

I have a large number of files with file names of the format iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.029.000000.sac... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies
BOS_SETRESTRICTED(8)					       AFS Command Reference					      BOS_SETRESTRICTED(8)

NAME
bos_setrestricted - place a server in restricted mode SYNOPSIS
bos setrestricted -server <machine name> -mode 1 [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] DESCRIPTION
The bos restricted command places the server in restricted mode. This mode increases the security of the bos server by removing access to a number of bos commands that are only used whilst configuring a system. When a server is in restricted mode, access to bos_exec, bos uninstall, bos install, bos create, bos install, bos delete, bos prune is denied, and the use of bos getlog is limited. CAUTIONS
Once a server has been placed in restricted mode, it may not be opened up again using a remote command. That is, bos setrestricted has no method of setting an unrestricted mode. Once a server is restricted, it can only be opened up again by sending it a SIGFPE, which must be done as root on the local machine. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine to restrict. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged in as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. As noted above, this command cannot be run against servers which are already in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
bos(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009 Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk> This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Simon Wilkinson for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_SETRESTRICTED(8)