Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris removing "/" file system from solaris volume Post 302293177 by kumarmani on Monday 2nd of March 2009 03:28:36 PM
Old 03-02-2009
This got resolved !!

I commented the /etc/vfstab entry and later run the metaroot with /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 and rebooted the system and cleared the volume with meatclear -r d0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision doc?

Dear All, I am going to examine SA202 but I got SA-202-S10 revision A.1 so it might be out of date. Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision document? Could you share it ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing comma "," in a field value in csv file

Hi, I have csv file with records as below. Now i have remove any comma in the filed value because that creates problem when i feed this file to an application. for example below are two sample records, the second record have a comma in "Salesforce.com, Inc." field, now i have to remove this... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaga
13 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris "System locale" during installation

Hi I install Solaris10 and during this process there is a question "Select the initial locale to be used after the system has been installed " There is plenty of choices and default already selected is POSIX C (C). What should I choose in this list ? Why instalator asks for this question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates on a single "column" (delimited file)

Hello ! I'm quite new to linux but haven't found a script to do this task, unfortunately my knowledge is quite limited on shellscripts... Could you guys help me removing the duplicate lines of a file, based only on a single "column"? For example: M202034357;01/2008;J30RJ021;Ciclo 01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rufinofr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What does "force devmap reload" as in "multipath -r" means for my system and stability of my system?

Cannot present unpresented disks back again. On a test server tried this as a solution "multipath -r" and it worked. Too worried to try it in production before I know all the information. Any info would be appreciated! Also some links to the documentation on this specific issue could help a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsteppe
1 Replies
metaroot(1M)															      metaroot(1M)

NAME
metaroot - setup system files for root (/) metadevice SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaroot -h /usr/sbin/metaroot [-n] [-k system-name] [-v vfstab-name] [-c mddb.cf-name] [-m md.conf-name] [-R root-path] device The metaroot command edits the /etc/vfstab and /etc/system files so that the system may be booted with the root file system (/) on an appropriate metadevice. The only metadevices that support the root file system are a stripe with only a single slice or a mirror on a sin- gle-slice stripe. If necessary, the metaroot command can reset a system that has been configured to boot the root file system (/) on a metadevice so that it uses a physical slice. Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. The following options are supported: -c mddb.cf-name Use mddb.cf-name instead of the default /etc/lvm/mddb.cf file as a source of metadevice database locations. -h Display a usage message. -k system-name Edit a user-supplied system-name instead of the default /etc/system system configuration information file. -m md.conf-name Edit the configuration file specified by md.conf-name rather than the default, /kernel/drv/md.conf. -n Print what would be done without actually doing it. -R root-path When metaroot modifies system files, it accesses them in their relative location under root-path. The -R option cannot be used in combination with the -c, -k,-m, or -v options. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -v vfstab-name Edit vfstab-name instead of the default /etc/vfstab table of file system defaults. The following operands are supported: device Specifies either the metadevice or the conventional disk device (slice) used for the root file system (/). Example 1: Specifying Root File System on Metadevice The following command edits /etc/system and /etc/vfstab to specify that the root file system is now on metadevice d0. # metaroot d0 Example 2: Specifying Root File System on SCSI Disk The following command edits /etc/system and /etc/vfstab to specify that the root file system is now on the SCSI disk device /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0. # metaroot /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0 /etc/system System configuration information file. See system(4). /etc/vfstab File system defaults. /etc/lvm/mddb.cf Metadevice state database locations. /kernel/drv/md.conf Configuration file for the metadevice driver, md. The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) 6 Apr 2005 metaroot(1M)