Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to compile and run java programs Post 302293137 by kduffin on Monday 2nd of March 2009 01:00:37 PM
Old 03-02-2009
Do you perhaps only have the JRE installed? If so, you won't find a javac binary. Cheers, Keith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to Compile programs using cc??

How do you Compile programs using cc?? I'm lost. Do I need to buy C or what? I'm only going to use it very few times a year. From what everyone seems to be telling me, it sounds like it is build into the Unix system but I'm having no luck. Please help or just point me in the right direction. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spotanddot
7 Replies

2. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

3. Programming

How to compile pro*c, C programs

Hi, How to precompile the c program which has proc statements within it. If it is only c, I will use the following cmd cc filename.c -o output so please tell me what command I have to use for precompilation. I beleave that this is not an oracle or proc forum, but still I hope will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sweta
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cannot run c compiled programs

iam in the way of making graphics using SDL.i copied from cd usign mount -a /cdrom cd /cdrom cp SDL-1.2.11.tar.gz /usr/test cd /usr/test gunzip SDL-1.2.11.tar.gz tar -xf SDL-1.2.11.tar cd SDL-1.2.11 ./configure ... ... it stops at checking whether the c compiler... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to compile and run java through the terminal

Hey everybody, Ok here is my problem. I have this code that that compiles, but when i go to run it it gives me errors. I stored my simple java class here: /user/workspace/getMailFromSafeDoc/src I store my mail.jar file here: /user/workspace/getMailFromSafeDoc/lib/javaMail/javaMail.jar ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killesk
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Compile .java

How would I go about compiling a .java file into a .class file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tecron
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile & Run Java Code

The java program is a part of speech tagger -> The Stanford NLP (Natural Language Processing) Group The goal is to use this script as part of a webpage to tag parts of speech based on a user-inputted string. I have no idea what to do with the files - I'm a complete *nix noob. I tried running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tguillea
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access/run c programs on Putty?

Hi all, I wrote a couple noobie programs and had them compiled over Putty (using gcc), but I don't know what command I should use to run them. Please assume that I'm a complete noob when it comes to programming and putty commands. Thank you for your help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Recycalable
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

java compile and run program help

What is the trick to get a java program to run and compile? I can't even get a basic skeleton to run and compile. What packages do I need? I figured the java-gcj and gcc-java packages was enough. Do I need any other packages? I thought I had to do this and it would work but its not. javac... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compile and run java in UNIX?

Hi Im using MobaXterm Unix on my windows XP.I want to compile java in unix.I have installed java to the following path C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_09\bin In order to compile the java prog im typing the following command after entering into the bin directory: C:\Program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak3141
2 Replies
MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)						RPM Java packaging						MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)

NAME
macros.jpackage - RPM macros for Java packagers and developers. Written for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
%_jvmdir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs are installed. %_jvmjardir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs expose their jars %_jvmprivdir Root directory for all Java VM/SDK/JRE's private things. %_jvmlibdir Root directory for all architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmdatadir Root directory for all architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmsysconfdir Root directory for all configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonlibdir Root directory for all common architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommondatadir Root directory for all common architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonsysconfdir Root directory for all common configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_javadir Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-ext Directory where version dependent jars are installed. %_{javadir} Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-x.y.z Directory where jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_javadir}-ext) are installed. %{_javadir}-utils Directory where Java-related scripts are installed. %_jnidir Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-independent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-ext Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-dependent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-x.y.z Directory where arch-specific (JNI) jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_jnidir}-ext) are installed. %_javadocdir Root directory where all javadoc is installed. %_mavendepmapdir Directory for maven depmaps. %_mavendepmapfragdir Directory for maven depmaps. %java_home Current default JVM home. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %ant Default ant command. %jar Default jar command. %java Default java command. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %javac Default javac command. %javadoc Default javadoc command. %add_jvm_extension add_jvm_extension should be used in %install by extension packages to declare what extension jars they provide. %add_to_maven_depmap() add_to_depmap adds an entry to the depmap. The arguments are: %1 the original groupid %2 the original artifact id %3 the version %4 the new groupid %5 the new artifactid %update_maven_depmap() update_maven_depmap updates the main maven depmap %jpackage_script() A standard script fot running jpackage positive applications. %1 main class %2 flags %3 options %4 jars (separated by ':') %5 the name of script you wish to create DESCRIPTION
This is a library of generic rpm macros which should be used on jpackage.org compatible distributions. FILES
/etc/rpm/macros.jpackage Definitions of macros. For additional informations look at this file. /use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages java.conf(5) java-functions(7) jpackage-utils(7) AUTHORS
David Walluck <david@jpackage.org> Ville Skytta <scop at jpackage.org> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)