Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Read from a file then filter the output Post 302292943 by zaxxon on Monday 2nd of March 2009 04:00:27 AM
Old 03-02-2009
Guessing that this 8 digit number is always the 1st string you want to have printed and is always 8 digits long:

Code:
sed 's/^.*\([0-9]\{8\}\..*\)$/\1/g' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

store output to a file and read from it

Hello all, I need to run snoop command for a period of time (a day) and extract remote host column from it to find out who is accessing my server. When I run the following on the command line it works snoop -port 22 | awk '{print $3}' but when I do snoop -port 22 | awk '{print $3}' | while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data

hi all, I have this file with some user data. example: $cat myfile.txt FName|LName|Gender|Company|Branch|Bday|Salary|Age aaaa|bbbb|male|cccc|dddd|19900814|15000|20| eeee|asdg|male|gggg|ksgu|19911216||| aara|bdbm|male|kkkk|acke|19931018||23| asad|kfjg|male|kkkc|gkgg|19921213|14000|24|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimal
4 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Read file and change a 0 to a 1 in output

<key>ExcludeSimpleHostnames</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>FTPPassive</key> Need simple command that will change the 0 to a 1 in this file when I grep it, but only for this integer key directly after the ExcludeSimpleHostnames key. I got this output code... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file and only output certain content

Hi - I have a file containing data like :- cn=tommy,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100530130623z cn=jane,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100423140734z cn=michael,cn=users,c=uk passwordexpirydate=20100331020044z I want to end up with a file that looks like:-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read entire output from a file?

Hello- I am trying to view a file which is quite large. However, whenever I do 'cat (file name)' it shows me just the half.. I am using Putty to access my server. Also, is it possible to edit a file from a unix system on a 'Gedit for Windows" text editor? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

7. Programming

Help to filter read through reference file by using c language

Input_file #tmp_2 werweraewghe @tmp_2 123sdfs57a #tmp_1 aewrgheheghe @tmp_1 457awrerfa87 #tmp_4 trtyrghe @tmp_4 8898rtyr2 reference_file #tmp_4 #tmp_1 (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter out output and then write to a file

I have a process which writes lots of output to the screen and am capturing it to a file. But the issue is that there are few lines which repeat every second which is causing the file size to be enormous. I am trying to filter out and then run the command but its not working. Can you confirm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarme_1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies
trbdf(1)							   User Manuals 							  trbdf(1)

NAME
trbdf - convert BDF-font from one encoding to other SYNOPSIS
trbdf -C | -l | -h trbdf [-s] [-f input-codeset ] [-t output-codeset ] [--foundry[=] new-foundry ] BDF-font DESCRIPTION
trbdf is a program for translation of BDF fonts from one encoding to other. One exciting feature of trbdf is that it tries to approximate the symbols that miss from the font or from the encoding of the font with existing symbols when possible. If the option -s or --gen-script is given trbdf will generate an awk(1) script for translation of BDF-fonts for fixed combination of input- codeset and output-codeset This is useful for faster convertion of many files. This script is used as filter. If none of -C, -s, -l, -h and their equivalents is given the BDF-font will be read assuming it is coded with codeset input-codeset On stan- dard output it will be recoded so to use codeset output-codeset Both input-codeset and output-codeset are case insensitive and default to `cp1251'. OPTIONS
-C, --copyright Display copying conditions and warranty information. -s, --gen-script Generates conversion script for given input and output encodings instead to convert BDF-font. This option is usefull if you have to convert many fonts. The generated script expects the input font from its standard input and outputs the converted font. -l, --list List all known codesets. -h, --help Display this help and exit. -f input-codeset, --from[=]input-codeset Codeset of the source font. -f output-codeset, --to[=]output-codeset Codeset of the generated font. --foundry[=]new-foundry Use this option if you want to change the foundry of the generated fonts. AUTHOR
Anton Zinoviev <anton@lml.bas.bg>, <zinoviev@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> SEE ALSO
bdftopcf(1x) trscripts NOV 2002 trbdf(1)