Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ultra 10 showing Date ERROR
Operating Systems Solaris ultra 10 showing Date ERROR Post 302292672 by incredible on Sunday 1st of March 2009 08:27:16 AM
Old 03-01-2009
whats the Solaris OS version and kernel version?
uname -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Interface not showing : Xview error

Hi I'm having a big trouble running a configuration tool (ftamtool) which uses xview on sunos 5.8, it refuses to start and says: XView error: could not load font 'FONT_FAMILY_SANS_SERIF... How to force the program to use installed fonts and where are fonts installed available to use ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mailx -s is showing an error

Error is like /users/d12381/check.sh: mail_sysadmin@mycompany: not found Plz help me to sort out this issue (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

3. Solaris

tar -xvf is showing error

Hi, When i am trying to untar a file for installation its showing an error like tar -xvf te_agent__sparc.en_tar.gz tar: directory checksum error Please help me to solve this issue........... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort files by date, not showing files from today

Hi all, i'm new here in this forum. I really like the helpful answers in this forum. Here a short question. For a script i have to sort files by date and exclude the files of the actual date. Sorting the files by date and preparing the output for awk is done by this line: ls -l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlosdivega
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Error alert keep showing at console

Hi, I would like to ask for your help. I tried to log in through console to my server HP-UX 10.20 but I keep receiving error message as below: Vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace -/dev/vg02/lvol6 file system full Vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg02/lvol9 file system full How should I stop this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeazas
4 Replies

6. Solaris

fmthard showing error with prtvtoc

Hi all, I am trying to use the disk for mirror where in the mirror disk is of 160 gb and the rootdisk is of 80 gb. when i am trying to write the vtoc i am getting below error i tried the below command #prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0 |fmthard -s -/dev/rdsk/c0t2d0s0 and got below ... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
26 Replies

7. Solaris

Error LED showing on E250

I've got an old E250 server where a front error LED is showing. I've read through the Sun docs (Sun Enterprise 250 Server Owner's Guide - Sun Microsystems) but it's only the 'General fault' LED (About the Status and Control Panel (Sun Enterprise 250 Server Owner's Guide) - Sun Microsystems)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aussieos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing files that were created at a certain Date

Guys i am having a bit of a trouble finding the creation date of a file. What i have to do is to redirect the output of a command (which i believed was ls -l but this command shows only the Modification time) into a file, which will contain all the files that were created on a certain date, for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimas13
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

command showing error

Hi, I have an command which find the files modified within last 8 days and then after selecting the files from the location it make the tar format and send it to the specified destination ...now I want that this task to be automative ..that is it should happen after every 5 minutes ...for that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH SAXENA
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Showing error

if ; then rm -rf "${x}"_"${y}"_abc_pqr.dat error: `then' unmatchedCan anyone please help me in correcting it. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D_Sethi
2 Replies
UNAME(1)							   User Commands							  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname - print system information SYNOPSIS
uname [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Print certain system information. With no OPTION, same as -s. -a, --all print all information, in the following order, except omit -p and -i if unknown: -s, --kernel-name print the kernel name -n, --nodename print the network node hostname -r, --kernel-release print the kernel release -v, --kernel-version print the kernel version -m, --machine print the machine hardware name -p, --processor print the processor type (non-portable) -i, --hardware-platform print the hardware platform (non-portable) -o, --operating-system print the operating system --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report uname translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
arch(1), uname(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/uname> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) uname invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 UNAME(1)